PDA

View Full Version : Not running to well

Sasquatch
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Recently I bought a 4x2 that has the FE290 Kawasaki engine in it. It had been converted to LP, but the guts of the system had been removed and trashed. It'd sat for a while but I cleaned it up and took it home. So... I bought a Fleabay carb (mistake) that came out of a 5 wheel (the trike style gator) with a slightly smaller engine, but the part numbers were the same except the main jet which I changed. It starts and runs but won't go above 2k rpm, except with the choke on and has no power. It has a new fuel pump, lines, filters and the compression and spark is good.

It's in great shape and has a fully enclosed metal cab on it. I went ahead and bought an oem carb just to make sure. Anyone run into this before. Thought I read somewhere where the trans/clutch could be catching and holding back the engine. I guess if I can't get it to run right I might have to drop that honda magna 500cc v4 I have:cool: I got it for pennies so if it takes a little to get it going I'm not too upset.

Sasquatch
11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
BTW. Haven't installed the OEM carb yet cause I just ordered it from the dealer.. lol