PDA

View Full Version : INFO for 825i owners

RMOSSSO1
11-17-2011, 07:58 PM
:reye:
Three things today, after I returned my GATOR to JD, feeling somewhat stupid:

First, I am told that a horn carries a polarity differential. Must connect to correct polarity. My horn vibrated, tomorrow supposedly sounds like a horn; and,

Second, JD dealer in PA said, single element bulb in parking lights, rear parking lights work on first switch position, front lights did not; corrected as bad hookup from factory on flasher; and,

Third, I put the "working lights" accessory package on in the bottom holes of grille. What a night mare. There are three adjustments to the light fixture. Two adjustments with bolt retainers, the final adjustment just a twist factor, but, remember, big but, the directions are incomplete. You MUST connect the male yellow/black machine wire to the female yellow/black coupler to charge the relay switch to make the lights work.

Easy above. To me, about 25 hours of work, testing, and JD locally, GA fixed it in an hour.

THANK YOU MID - GEORGIA TRACTOR CO., INC. !!!

:Thmup::Chers::Thmup:

Deputy347k9
11-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Happy your now squared away! This is one of those times that the machine if better off at the dealership, been there and done that too.
Larry

John Deere Nick
11-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Could HIDs be installed in our gator headlights I wonder?

trainman
11-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Electricity can sometimes be a shocking experience.:BG:

John

purplewg
11-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Could HIDs be installed in our gator headlights I wonder?

Yes, you can buy the conversion kits on Ebay.

LeonardS
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
RMOSS01,

I would like to see a photo of the location for the yellow/black wire connectors. I have the same issue with my Long Range Lights not working after installation. If I didn't connect them, then that would explain the problem!

Thank you!!

RMOSSSO1
11-18-2011, 02:30 PM
RMOSS01,

I would like to see a photo of the location for the yellow/black wire connectors. I have the same issue with my Long Range Lights not working after installation. If I didn't connect them, then that would explain the problem!

Thank you!!

I am afraid any photo I would take would not show a thing. The yellow and black male, plugs to a YELLOW--with yellow black pigtail. That is what engergizes the relay.

All my knock out ports are used and I put on the hydraulic lift. I know I cannot capture an image as there was only about three inches of black yellow from original wiring harness. You almost have to take all slack from the accessory wiring harness to plug in.

Also, see my next post...

RMOSSSO1
11-18-2011, 02:34 PM
And, continuing the SAGA. AFTER, I returned my GATOR, I said, I will now look at my parking lights. GUESS WHAT? They still do not light. Why I did not check at the JD dealership beats me. But I just hung up from asking the question. My rep tells me they are not supposed to light as "parking lights". Yes, they work as 4 way flashers. Yes, they work as turn signals. He said he would inquire with the factory. My light switch is a two position switch. The first position turns on the rear red parking lights, not the front. The second position turns on the head lights and the red rear lights. (i.e. the front parking lights that I refer to are the magenta colored lenses)

Does anyone with the complete light package have PARKING LIGHTS that operate, without the four way flashers, or turn signals??????

THX,

Rich

RMOSSSO1
11-18-2011, 04:39 PM
RMOSS01,

Thank you!!

Leonard S:

I just re installed the plastic under hood tool box. Anohter nightmare as I am using a lot of space. I checked. JD taped everything. That is what made it so tough to re install the under hood container, or whatever you call it.

SUGGESTION: Look at what you bot from JD. Presumably, you have the same thing that I do. I paid $169.00 for light kit. From Gator book, it is this: Part no. BM23120 LONG Range Light Kit. Look at your wiring harness that came with this part. You will see two yellow black connectors. Only one will attach to the factory wiring harness. When my dealer plugged that together, my accessory lights worked. yellow black to yellow black, as it will connect will solve your problem.

I could have taken many photographs but nothing would be clear enough to see what to do. Let us know if this helps.

John Deere Nick
11-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Yes, you can buy the conversion kits on Ebay.

Thank you sir. i have them in my trucks. I will be ordering the kit tomorrow for the gator.

nit4fun
11-18-2011, 08:35 PM
RMOSSS01,
You had me puzzled last night when you stated that your dealer got your front parking lights working by rewiring the flasher? The truth is Deere never has had front parking lights. Your dealer rep is going to tell you that the factory says that the additional lights pull to much of a draw on the system is why they don't offer them (which may have been true 15 yrs ago when they only had 10 & 15 amp charging systems) . At least that is what Deere DTAC told me 8 yrs ago when I acquired about the same thing on my HPX Gator.
I got mine to work thou on my HPX back then and I just recently did it on my new 825i also. Deere uses a double element bulb (3157) along with a 3 terminal socket at the front turn signal lights, but only utilizes one of the elements and only runs 2 wires to the socket (a power wire and a ground wire). What I did is run another wire to the lights from the light switch. It takes a special weather pack terminal at the lights and depending on how factory a person want it to look, some more special terminals and connecters at the switch. There is one of the pink wires at the switch that goes to the rear parking lights already, that is what I tied into to power my front parking lights. The trick of the whole project is finding the right weather pack terminals, deere doesn't list them in their parts break downs, a person may be able to find a match at a JD Ag dealer or a GM dealership, the connectors are made by Delphi I beleive. I got my terminals and wiring from donor wiring harnesses we had around the shop.
Hope this helps.

RMOSSSO1
11-19-2011, 09:08 AM
nit4fun:
Thanks for your comments above. It is a shame that I bot and paid for "DELUXE" lights, with "PARKING LIGHTS" and from what you say, JD fully knows the sale and advertisement is BS!

And a question: I see you installed the Long Range Light Kit on your 825i. Did you order that option from the factory or did you install? I am curious if you ran into the same problems I had. It seems another post above had problems getting the long range lights to work also.

Hopefully someone from JD reads this forum, and if unable to solve our unique problems they should either change the literature, improve the install directions, or change the pricing. I really wanted the parking light option.

RMOSSSO1
11-19-2011, 09:27 AM
TEST, added signature:

pahawi
11-19-2011, 11:00 AM
.........JD fully knows the sale and advertisement is BS!

Maybe JD have different advertisements, but their online attachment brochure states the following:

"Deluxe Signal Light Kit:
It’s the whole package: Turn signals, park lights, brake lights, taillights, and 4-way fl ashers. Includes dash-mounted switches. (Not meant for public roads.) 825i packages adds turn signals, and 4-way flashers with dash-mounted switches. CX package adds right and left signal light.

825i $139.00 BM23764,

850D/620i/HPX $341.00 BM22547,

625i/855D $341.00, BM22677,

TX/TH $349.00, BM22685,

TS $345.00, BM22720,

CX $254.00, VGB10068"

Did you order that option from the factory or did you install?

To my knowledge, it cant be ordered from the factory.

Should you find a way to get them working, please share.

Paul

RMOSSSO1
11-19-2011, 11:51 AM
I just noticed. This was installed by dealer as Delux Brake/tail at $341. These were installed by the dealer. From above, it looks like everyone knows that you don't get parking lights. Shame to cheat on such a minor item. Seems one more wire in packaged wire harnes would resolve. I am not about to start taking tape apart. I had on rough time putting the plastic tool carrier back in engine compartment. If I ever get the parking lights working I will post.