PDA

View Full Version : Boss snow plow installed on 825i

trussman
11-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I finihsed up the installation of the Boss snowplow ago and forgot to take photos. I moved the snowplow today and decided to snap a few for anyone interested.

http://i43.tinypic.com/35lyqle.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/33v2s88.jpg

I need to get a spring or something to hold up the power cables better before I start plowing this winter.

http://i39.tinypic.com/znlpwg.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/n6yssm.jpg

I did the install myself and everything went pretty well according to the instructions.

825joe
11-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Very nice!!

flyin ryan
11-19-2011, 03:50 PM
top notch there. what model did you get and what mounting hardware?

m8man
11-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Now that looks awesome. Just a couple of questions, How much did it run for cost when you bought the boss set up. I was quoted around $3700 for it installed up here in Upper Michigan. How long did the install take you? I am looking at the boss plow, and a cheaper eagle 72" vplow with manual adjustment.

Thanks,
m8man

CaptDan
11-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Very cool ! So many toys for us to add to our gators ! Enjoy it !

Dan

trussman
11-20-2011, 08:55 AM
top notch there. what model did you get and what mounting hardware?

THe under carriage is what they call an RT3, I also bought the smart hitch which makes it a snap to take the blade on and off. As far as the model of the plow I beleive it is UTV, I chose the V-blade but from within the cab you can change it to straight, angle it, or invert V fro shoving snow. If you go to BOSS snowplow.com you will see the blades available for UTV's.

trussman
11-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I was quoted around $3700 for it installed up here in Upper Michigan. How long did the install take you? I am looking at the boss plow, and a cheaper eagle 72" vplow with manual adjustment.

It took me most of the day to install. Understand there are two parts of installation, first the plow itself and the under-carriage. This goes fast and is straight forward install, probably 2-3 hours. The second part is the wiring and control portion. This took me the most time routing the wires neatly, and mounting the plugs for easy hookup etc. I could do the next one much faster but I took my time and tried to do the best install I could. When it comes to price I would say you have a good price especially if it includes the smart hitch, I think that is a must. I also bought the rubber deflector and cast iron skid shoes.
I looked at the eagle but chose the Boss as all the control of the blade is on one controller and I had seen them work before.
Hope that helps.

Regulator
11-20-2011, 11:03 PM
That set-up looks badass most certainly....I've got just the standard plow on mine with hydraulic lift and manual angle....

Is it heavy on the front end???...it looks like alot of weight hanging way out front!!!.....you might need alot of "ballast" in the dump bed!!!

How do you like the all glass cab???....I wanted the all glass, but went with the Poly Cab with real glass windshield with wiper, and sliding rear glass...mostly because of the cost, but I actually now like how quickly and easily the doors on mine come off...(takes every bit of 5 seconds per door...)

Thanx for posting those pics...Killer rig you got there!!!

Larry in MD

trussman
11-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Your right it is heavy and so far I have not adjusted the shocks. However I think once the shocks are adjusted it should do fine. As far as the ballast is concern I would think some sand or salt bags would help with traction and leveling it out. If I need to I will get the HD shocks but plan on trying it with the current shocks. My JD dealer tells me I won't have a problem but until it snows I won't know.

The deluxe glass cab is really nice however even with the quiet accesorie option it is noiser than I thought it would be. I thought about trying a muffler silencer to see if that helps. But so far the cab has worked well and yes I can remove the doors in a couple minutes but not seconds.

Landscaper
11-23-2011, 01:01 AM
can not wait to see that thing in ACTION!!

BOSS plows are the best!! Cant go wrong there!! I have a V-plow on my F-450 and its great!!
Now to try and talk the wife into the Boss v-plow for the Gator!!!

kingwood1
11-28-2011, 02:41 PM
just wondering how much the deflector cost mine did not come with one nor shoes i did not know they were a option as well as the easy hitch but that im not worried about but i do need the shoes just dont know if i need two or if all three, anyone know if you can get shoes or deflector online anywhere?

Regulator
11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Your right it is heavy and so far I have not adjusted the shocks. However I think once the shocks are adjusted it should do fine. As far as the ballast is concern I would think some sand or salt bags would help with traction and leveling it out. If I need to I will get the HD shocks but plan on trying it with the current shocks. My JD dealer tells me I won't have a problem but until it snows I won't know.

The deluxe glass cab is really nice however even with the quiet accesorie option it is noiser than I thought it would be. I thought about trying a muffler silencer to see if that helps. But so far the cab has worked well and yes I can remove the doors in a couple minutes but not seconds.

I mistakenly wrote that my cab was the "Deluxe" Cab instead of the "Poly" Cab...sorry for the confusion...I really like the Poly Cab with the the real glass windshield, but I LOVE the look of the Deluxe, all glass cab like you have...mine too is very noisy, but that's what I have heard from everyone with any style cab....the way your Gator is set-up, especially with that sweet Boss v-plow is my "Dream Gator"....that's how I would have wanted it set-up if money was no object....I'll start with the regular plow for now, and see how that does this winter....maybe by next winter, I'll decide whether or not the Boss plow like yours would work better for me...

It's good to hear that you can use that bigger plow without any other mods other than maybe adjusting your shocks...that makes alot of difference in deciding whether or not to outfit a Gator with the Boss Plow....once you take the Plow off, you are back to a regular Gator for work and pleasure without having to reconfigure it...and the ballast that I was thinking of is exactly what I figured on using in my dump bed to give it better traction...a few sand or salt bags in the ass end would work great, especially to balance the extra weight hanging off the front of your machine, along with giving you the needed downforce traction on the rear wheels....

Again....thank you for posting the pics of your rig...that's one sweet Gator you have and I know I'd be proud of it!!!....I'll get around to taking some pics of mine here soon and posting them up for everyone to see....I think it's great to see what mods others have done to their Gators so that you can get good ideas for your own....Also, even though I think I already know the answer, let us know how nice that Plow works this winter after using it awhile...having someone give their honest opinion on how it works would help me make my mind up for the future of my rig...

take care...Larry in MD

trussman
11-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the nice comments on the gator and plow. I am looking forward to using the plow but that means it has to snow and honestly I can wait a while longer for that.:OhNoes:
It's great to have a forum like this to share first hand experience and get advice on numerous topics. I have shoved a lot of snow but never with a gator so it will interesting for sure.
I will be sure to share the good and bad as I learn more. I look forward to your pictures.:Wlys:

Regulator
12-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi Larry,

Thanks for the nice comments on the gator and plow. I am looking forward to using the plow but that means it has to snow and honestly I can wait a while longer for that.:OhNoes:
It's great to have a forum like this to share first hand experience and get advice on numerous topics. I have shoved a lot of snow but never with a gator so it will interesting for sure.
I will be sure to share the good and bad as I learn more. I look forward to your pictures.:Wlys:

Oh yes!!!!....I am the same way about the snow thing most certainly!!!...I am excited bout getting to use the Gator to plow some snow...BUT, to be honest, it's a mixed feelings kind of thing...I would actually be happier if I got to use it once for purposes of playing in the snow, but after that the plow could stay off the Gator for the rest of the winter!!!...it's alot of money for one use, but if it means no snow, then that's fine by me...hahaha!!!:lol:

I just ordered a AM/FM/WeatherBand radio and mount from John Deere to be installed in 825i to help "divert" the noise from the engine and everything else, by adding some music...not sure if that's called accomplishing anything or not...it'll end up being louder I guess with everything sounding off at once...I guess as long as I justify it in my brain, then it's OK....I'm getting the turn signal kit installed on it to while it's in getting the radio put in...I could do it all myself to be honest, but the installation time factor, plus the aggravation and all that makes it worth just letting them do it right...I've done a bunch of Mods myself already so it's not like I don't do anything to it myself...it had to go to the dealership anyway to have my shifter checked as it is hard to get in and out of gear sometimes....not always, but I have read on here that there is a factory bulletin for that problem so I'd feel better if they check it out to be safe...the parts should be here next week sometime...I looked at a few aftermarket radio's and mounts but they were all in the same price range as the JD unit that is made for this Gator...that's why I went with their unit instead...it's alot of money, but I like listening to tunes, so it will be worth it to me in the long run...

I will be taking some pics of the Gator this weekend for sure...I'll be sure to post some on here...

I see you are in Indiana...I had family in South Bend years ago, and we used to go visit them occasionally...my step-father was a graduate of Purdue University, and we checked out their campus once in Lafayette, plus toured the Notre Dame campus in South Bend...Notre Dame had some seriously cool architecture...I think you all get a bit more snow though than we do here in MD from what I remember...I think we only had 2 or 3 storms last year that were actually "snow plow worthy"....and that's fine by me...

take care, my friend....

Larry in MD

CaptDan
12-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Regulator, are you allowed to bring the Gator onto any of the beaches down there ?

Dan

Regulator
12-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Regulator, are you allowed to bring the Gator onto any of the beaches down there ?

Dan

Dan...hello to you....that's a good question that I don't have an answer for, as I haven't even thought about trying that...I live a good ways from the beaches down around Ocean City MD/Rehobeth Beach DE...about 80 miles up north of them...I live right dead between Dover DE and Baltimore MD on the map...right between the Chesapeake Bay/Chester River/Sassafras River on the east side...the wife and I go to the beaches 3 or 4 times a year on the motorcycle, and then maybe a time or two when the weather is colder...I'm kinda doubting that you'd be able to do it during high season, of course, but maybe you could after Labor Day???...I really can't say...

Then there's the beaches in the State Park just below OC at Assateague...not sure what the rules are there either...that would be the place to go if it is allowed because it would be alot more scenic and remote...I imagine you could go on their website and get the info needed...I know you can go camping there and all that, and that you can drive tagged vehicles on the beach, but i don't know about 4 wheelers/ATV's and such....sorry I'm not any more help...

take care...Larry in MD

CaptDan
12-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Larry,

Thanks... I have been on the beach in Assateague with my jeep, was just wondering if you knew about the gator. I'll do my homework, if I find anything out I'll post it.

Dan

trussman
12-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Now beach running would be fun for sure!:cool:

You know the only thing I would change on my radio is to hook it to a hot wire instead of the ignition switch power. It is nice to listen to the radio without having to have the key on. I am adding it to my list of things to re-work.

When it comes to Purdue we live about 8 miles from the campus. Two of my sons graduated from there so it was nice to have them close even though they lived on campus. You are right when it comes to Purdues' building designs they are rather non-descript and boxy looking.

farmboy60
12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Boss plow looks like a winner and let us know how the system works.
Can you tell me where you found the radio for your deluxe cab? I can't seem to find a radio for the deluxe cab in the build your own website.
Thanks, Dave

trussman
12-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Here is the link to the site. I did not use the brackets they gave me as they would not work for the deluxe cab.

http://www.2trackatv.com/search.asp?keyword=am+fm+radio&search.x=18&search.y=12

Tim

farmboy60
12-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Here is the link to the site. I did not use the brackets they gave me as they would not work for the deluxe cab.

http://www.2trackatv.com/search.asp?keyword=am+fm+radio&search.x=18&search.y=12

Tim

Thanks Tim, it looks like a good setup. Hope you get some snow soon so we can watch your unit in action.
Dave

Jgentile
12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
That is sweet!!! I'm so jealous!!!

trussman
12-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Well guys it snowed a couple days ago and I was pushing snow with the BOSS blade. It worked like a champ however I think I want to add another 100-200 pounds in the bed. I never had trouble with it shiving snow but we really didn't have that much - aprrox 3-4 inches.
My wife shot some video and I will try to get it up and share.:BG:

Regulator
12-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Trussman...can't wait to see the video of your Boss Plow in action!!!...I haven't had a chance to use my regular old 72" plow yet, but I'm pretty sure that after I see yours in action, it might be a let-down!!!...hahaha!!!...After seeing the first pics you posted of the plow on your Gator, I kinda figured that you would need a good bit of counter weight in the cargo bed, for rear traction as much as balance...we haven't had a lick of snow yet here in Maryland...in fact, it's been an unusually mild Winter so far...supposed to be close to 55 degree's on New Years Day!!!....I'm thinking that when it finally does hit us, it will be fast and furious and downright miserable in January and February...

Maybe Santa Claus will bring me a Boss Plow next year if I am a good boy...(that would pretty much assure that the Eastern Shore of Maryland would be snow-less for at least 3 or 4 years afterward...)

The best to you in the New Year...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

trussman
01-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Well I tried to upload the video several times with Tinypic to no avail. I need some guidance on how to upload videos.

trussman
01-02-2012, 12:44 AM
Lets try this, first time ever for me to use You tube. My wife took the video, not much snow but it sure felt good to plow the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbSEHEKkBY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpw_QZRvMg

mgjfam
01-02-2012, 01:22 AM
You definitely need rear balast weight. I've got a Boss power poly v plow on my Dodge Ram pickup and it does a great job. One thing I learned a few years ago....when you put weight in the bed, do NOT put up near the cab....put all of the weight NO CLOSER than over the rear wheels. For best results put ALL WEIGHT right next to rear tailgate...this has the affect of lifting most all the weight off your front axle (you've got enough there to worry about with the Boss plow). My pickup Boss plow weights over 1,000 lbs, so proper ballast is a must!

Regulator
01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Lets try this, first time ever for me to use You tube. My wife took the video, not much snow but it sure felt good to plow the snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbSEHEKkBY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMpw_QZRvMg

Very cool!!!!...I loved when your wife said..."there he goes...off into the sunset...!!!"

That is one sweet looking rig most certainly....and that plow is awesome...plowing snow can't be called work now, can it???....that looks like way too much fun to be work!!!

Thanx Trussman...you did REAL good!!!....I appreciate the video's...

trussman
01-02-2012, 10:59 AM
I would agree mgjfam with the ballast and will be adding more before my next snow adventure. This was my first time out and I was anxious to get the gator out in the snow.
On another note, steering the gator with the plow on can be tiring if you have a great deal of close quarter work. When I took it over to the plant I found out after a couple hours of running that my left arm began to get tired of turning the wheel. I have added air to the tires which helps but I can see why Power steering might be in my future. Especially if I had to run the plow for hours on end.

trussman
01-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Larry,

It was a blast to tell you the truth however if we start getting snow it might turn into something else but at least it will more enjoyable than sitting out in the cold..:OhNoes:

I think Julie was jealous, as she said later " I would like trying that on the next snow fall"

Tim

Regulator
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Tim...maybe "his and hers" Gators might be in your future!!!...hahaha...then, you might be able to do some custom plowing and pay for the extra Gator....Soon after I got my Gator, I came home one day and noticed that it wasn't parked where I left it...I asked my wife (Missy) if she had been in it and she told me "yes...me and Boo (Grandson) took a ride.." I checked the odometer on the thing and they had been 12 miles...they were riding all over on some backroads around us, down to a Creek where there used to be a Coast Guard Station which is about 5 miles away...she loves the Gator as much as I do!!!....I can definitely see her wanting to do a bit of plowing when we get enough snow to actually put the plow on....if she does, it'll probably only last about as long as it takes for her to get tired of trying to steer the thing in close quarters at low speeds...that'll do her in for sure...

I gotta admit that my wife has been real good about all the stuff I have bought for the Gator...seems like every other day, another goodie comes from the UPS or FED-EX guy....hahaha...as long as she thinks it's for the better of the Gator for our Grandson to ride in, then everythings fine....(that's the excuse I used when a new green Skull gearshift knob came the other day...it has LED lights where the eye's are and they light up red...I told her that "Boo" would get a kick out of that...)

take care, my friend...

trussman
01-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Larry,

Where did you get the LED skull bones shifter knob. No doubt I can sell that to Julie as the grandkids would love it.
Julie is the same with me when it comes to my hobbys and gator purchase. I drive it to work almost everyday (about 1 mile - small town and county roads.) and Julie and I ride it all over the place. Sometimes she beats me to the drivers seat....lol.

Tim

Gator Hunter
01-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Trussman,

How much weight are you now running in the box of your Gator to counter the plow weight? I have the same concern. I haven't had a chance to use my plow yet (no snow in Green Bay, WI!), but so far I have added 420lbs to the back end (6 - 70lb sand bags). I think the plow weighs in around 300lbs.

Great job on getting the vidoes working! How long is the driveway or road you plow?

trussman
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
In the video I had around 250 pounds but that will go up to 500 pounds when it snows again. I would think that should be close, but until it snows again I really won't know.

Our driveway is approx 1,000' however I use the plow to help clean a 13 acre site as well, which is the main reason for me having the plow. I will say I have never cleaned my driveway faster though.:BG:

Regulator
01-06-2012, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=trussman;19863]Larry,

Where did you get the LED skull bones shifter knob. No doubt I can sell that to Julie as the grandkids would love it.
Julie is the same with me when it comes to my hobbys and gator purchase. I drive it to work almost everyday (about 1 mile - small town and county roads.) and Julie and I ride it all over the place. Sometimes she beats me to the drivers seat....lol.

Tim...I got it off of the Iowa80 website for big truck goodies...here's the link to the page's where the shifter knobs are all listed...they come in 5 or 6 colors and even all chrome with the LED lights for eye's...

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB/webcart_search.php?scr_searchArg=shifter+knobs&cart_truckType=&search.x=0&search.y=0

If you have any trouble with that link or finding them, just let me know and I'll be glad to order you one and send it out to you...I added a 6 inch extension to my shifter arm first that I also got from Iowa80...the threads are wrong, but I cured that by screwing a nutsert up into the shifter extension first to downsize it to the proper size for the shifter arm...I wanted it up a little higher so that when I put it in reverse, my hand is up closer to the dash where my plow hydraulic "up and down" switch is located (next to the headlight switch..)...I like it that way alot...

ratrod
01-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Any of you guys with the BOSS plows running plow shoes? If so do have all 3 or just 2 and did you have to relevel the blade after adding the shoes?

Gator Hunter
01-07-2012, 12:10 AM
ratrod,

I have the BOSS and 3 shoes or skids as I call them. When I set the height (about an inch high since I plow a 1/3 mile easement road which is gravel) and measured the clearance of the blade, the blade height was dead on. If you are only running 2 shoes, on the outsides, I'm guessing the middle may be a little low, especially in either "V-plow" mode or "scoop" mode.

trussman
01-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I run with 2 plow shoes on the outside, we had a bit of adjustment to start with but the plow is nice and level. I have never run it in the v-configuration yet but have in tthe scoop mode and it sits nice a flat. A third shoe might be nice if you were doing gravel lanes with loose gravel.

Larry, thanks for the links I will get one ordered.

ratrod
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I played with it a little on saturday and got it sitting pretty level on the garage floor. Now we just need some snow.

trussman
01-15-2012, 06:46 PM
I thougth you might enjoy an update: We recieved about 5" of snow and gave the gator and boss plow a much longer test this time. I ran probably 6-7 hours plowing without any problem whatsoever. I did add another 150 pounds to the cargo box.
The plow worked even better than I thougth it would but I did come to the conclusion that I need to come up with a better way to hold the controller. It is to bulky to hold in your hand and shift all the time. I am thinking about adding a
velcro belt that can be put around my leg and then have a piece of velcro on the back of the controller. I would take the controller out of the handle attachment as it would not be needed.
The ability to push snow at an angle and then during the push you can change the blade to the scoop configuration toward the end is a great way to move a great deal of snow. I was very impressed with how it handled and how the gator
did not lack power. The only complaint I have was that the shifter would pop out of gear once in a while, not sure if that was me or it needs some adjustment. Since the snow was not that deep I ran in high gear w/o 4 wheel drive. Whenever I had a pile of snow that I needed to move out of the way I used 4 wheel drive and was able to move it without a problem.
Along with the snow we had 40 mph gust which gave us some 2' drifts around the plant, the gator and plow had no problem going through any of it.
Like I stated earlier I was impressed with the ease and power I had to push the white stuff.:BG:

Gator Hunter
01-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Great update Trussman. I also had the chance to plow this past weekend for the first time, but only 4 inches, instead of the originally 8" they were calling for. I did have some deeper drifted areas.

I was told by my dealer to always run the Gator in Low, which I did, along with 4wd and I did not experience any issues with the gear popping out.

I also agree that the controller takes some getting used to as far as how to hold it and shift at the same time. I also thought about strapping it to my thigh as well. Keep me posted if you try that technique out.

Last note, a suicide knob makes steering one handed sooooo much easier! I was very pleased with how mine worked. Suicide knob in the left hand and the controler and shifting was done with the right.

Flooring1220
02-17-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm glad it was helpful. Thanks for sharing such a great post!
Posted stuff was abselutely superb and mind blowing for increasing visitors interest and curiosity.Discussion need to be made some sophisticated and easier for commenters to participate in the discussion?

Harriman
03-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I just ordered my 825i today - my decision to go with JD was based in part on this site so thanks to all. I plan to add the boss vplow before next winter, and had a question about lighting.

I had figured I would be fine without adding additional lights (already went waaay over budget with the deluxe cab) but re-watching trussman's video looks like the height of the boss plow may block the stock lighting? That may make plowing at night difficult... Any suggestions on the best overhead lights for plowing?

Regulator
03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Harriman...welcome to the Forum, and congrats to you for ordering a new Gator!!!...as per your question on lighting, you will probably have to go with the roof mounted lights...John Deere has their lights that they use, and there are a bunch of other lights out there that you could pick from...look through some of these posts to see which lights others are using and then do a little research for yourself as to which ones will fit your budget...they make cheaper Halogen lights, and really expensive HID and LED lighting...anywhere from $50 for a pair upwards to $500 and WAY higher for the LED light bars...with a Boss V-Plow, with it's height when in the up position, you are pretty much stuck with getting the roof mounted ones I would imagine...

Maybe some of the guys with the Boss Plows will chime in and tell you what they are using...

trussman
03-16-2012, 07:49 PM
HI fella's

Been away for awhile and trying to catch up. When it comes to lights, Larry is correct from my point of view. Having them on the roof was a simple install and they do a nice job of lighting up the area in from of you. I ended up using the ones that you can buy from JD but I know you can buy otheres that work as well and even more powerful if you choose.
I have seen them mounted direct to the plow and perhaps that works well but I can tell you that the plow gets quite a lot of vibration and not sure how well they would work, but then again people install them there.

Hope that helps a little.

hornadylnl
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Trussman,

Could you take a few pics of how you have your plow adjusted and your washer stacks on your shoes? I've got mine installed but have to get it leveled out yet. Thanks

PlumCreek Gardens
07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
What's the distance from the front bumper to the outside of the blade, when in V position?
Thanks for your help!

Great set up

PlumCreek Gardens
07-24-2013, 07:34 PM
What's the distance from the front bumper to the outside of the blade, when in V position?
Thanks for your help!

Great set up

mtgator
09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
can you give me some feed back on how it works.
mtgator

trussman
10-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I can tell you mtgator that the plow works great. I use it to clean several acres of snow off the storage lots. This lot has a stone surface and the stone will cause some issues especially if the ground is not frozen. The plow, even with the shoes adjusted will once in a while dig in and try to push stone with the snow. It takes a bit of practice when working on a surface like this but if the ground is frozen then it works like cleaning asphalt or concrete surfaces. We had snows of 10" with drifts and I never had a problem getting through.
The only wish I have right now is to install Power steering, it would make it easier to steer when the blade is up and you have tight turns.

willber11
02-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Just got a new 2014 825i, are you guys all applying the boss v plow is the best?

DIXIEDOG
02-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Just got a new 2014 825i, are you guys all applying the boss v plow is the best?

I upgraded to the Boss for this season and I would say yes it is the best. It's the most expensive but it's also the best built, it's a true heavy duty plow that can take some serious abuse. The hydraulics are fast and a fully hydraulic V plow on a Gator 825i is tough to beat for snow removal.:Thmup:

jradue
02-17-2014, 03:28 PM
My JD dealer is pushing the Sno-Way plow. It is only a straight blade, but it looks very well made. They don't even recommend the PowerTach. the Boss and Sno-Way were priced the same.

DIXIEDOG
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
My JD dealer is pushing the Sno-Way plow. It is only a straight blade, but it looks very well made. They don't even recommend the PowerTach. the Boss and Sno-Way were priced the same.

It would be hard to pay as much for a straight blade as a V plow....once you get used to having the scoop position it's not easy to give up.:lol:

I wonder if the Snoway has hydraulic down pressure for the plow? It is a considerably lighter blade which would affect the scraping ability quite a bit but would also be easier on the utv which depending on which one you had could be important. It's nice to see more choices coming on the market all the time.:Thmup:

jradue
02-18-2014, 10:38 AM
I believe there is some downward pressure. Don't get me wrong, I want the Boss plow. The Boss dealer is about 500 feet from by office, but my JD dealer sells the sno-way. I would have had the Boss for this winter if unexpected expenses didn't come up.