PDA

View Full Version : HPX strange noise at full speeed

Timothy
11-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Maybe some of my gator friends can answer this.I have a 07 hpx with very lo hours and it makes a really strange noise when i open it up all the way.Maybe it is normal because it does not do it at all unless I have it floored.Example is I was riding on a old dirt road for several miles but I have to cross a section of busy road for about a mile and run it wide open to get off the paved road as soon as i can.like i say maybe i am overspeeding or its is maybe a more serious problem.Any help would be appreciated......Tim

Timothy
11-21-2011, 01:18 PM
move on feller.you not going to get any help in this forum----copy that

CaptDan
11-21-2011, 03:05 PM
move on feller.you not going to get any help in this forum----copy that

Tim, sometimes it takes a little while for someone with knowledge of a specific problem to log on and respond. Not everyone on here is retired as I am and can spend unconscionable amounts of time playing on line. Many, if not most of the people with good knowledge & mechanical ability with Gator's actually have jobs and work for a living and sign on when they have a chance. That, coupled with the fact that you have an older/different model Gator than many of us here, adds to the issue that fewer people might have information that could be useful to you.

I'd suggest that you give it a little more time to get a response from a person with viable information relating to you issue. I know nothing of the HPX .

Good Luck
Dan

Timothy
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Straight up bad day yesterday.Forum has much good information.My apologies to the group...............

GATORDONE
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Can you explain more about the noise, What area it seems to be coming from, Possible belt whine? grinding? That will help us more to try and narrow it down.

Timothy
11-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Dan, only at top speed it it has a vibration and makes a sound kinda like a semi sounds when it is down shifting but much lighter .I have the diesel engine and maybe its normal I am not sure.It only does it when the machine is at top speed.It is rather startling if you don't expect it.around 15 mile a hour or less it never does it.thanks