PDA

View Full Version : miles on new 825i

apple
11-21-2011, 06:21 AM
How many miles and hours should be on a new 825i?

Deputy347k9
11-21-2011, 07:12 AM
I am thinking under ten miles and under one hour. You are going to have a little from the factory as well as a little more from your local dealership when they set the machine up. If you start getting into higher miles I would start thinking the machine was a demo. Some dealers allow certain customers to take one for the day or weekend to see if they like it. Of course the machine is still considered new as the title has not been executed. I think I would want a decent discount for that machine. Most auto dealerships allow for a fair discount for demo vehicles.

Larry

CaptDan
11-21-2011, 09:07 AM
When my Gator was delivered it had .7 miles on it. The explanation I was given was it had .2 miles on it when it was delivered to the dealer, that's reasonable as far as I am concerned, once it's assembled it must be run to check it. The dealer said they put the additional .5 mile on it after they received it and test drove it prior to delivery
to ensure that everything was operating properly. Again, that's reasonable as far as I am concerned.

Of course I should note that I ordered my Gator, it was not purchased from dealer inventory. I could understand a unit purchased from dealer inventory possibly having a few miles on it, as when people come in to consider buying a Gator, if there is one in stock they would take it out for a test drive. I know I did when I was comparing the Gator, the Polaris and the Bobcat. I drove all three at dealers.

purplewg
11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Mine was like Capt Dan's numbers.

apple
11-21-2011, 10:22 AM
didn't check when machine was off loaded. Machine had 24 miles on it and 4.2 hours. Not real happy; iI paid for a new machine. I know it's not many hours or miles but new is new. It could have been a demo or whatever. I called the dealership and discussed same with him. I like the machine but not willing to pay new price for a used /demo machine. What's is your guy's opinion

purplewg
11-21-2011, 01:04 PM
What did the dealer have to say about the hours/miles? Sound to me like someone was playing/demo'ing the unit. I guess it depends on the price you paid. If you got a good deal, you are happy with the unit, I would forget it.

trussman
11-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Well lets see that is 6 mph average speed for 4 hours of run time. I understand how you can feel but I agree with purplewg if you are happy with it overall and you got what you wanted other than a few miles and time. I probably would forget it. Perhaps ask them for the filter maintenance set or something like that. I guess it gets down to this....you are the customer and if you specifically agreed with the JD dealer that the machine would of been ordered in new then that is a different. Otherwise I would assume that you saw the gator prior to purchasing and them sending it out.

My .2 cents

John Deere Nick
11-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Mine came in with .2 on it when I got it had .3. I had a demo Gator for a month and put 150 miles on it in that time. They did not bother to test mine out at shop because I had to have it quick for work stuff. They came back out a few days later and did a full inspection to make sure everything was good. I have a super business relationship with my dealer. If they care at all they will order you a knew one if you agreed to have a new one ordered. Did you in fact want a brand new one ordered? I always order new because I do not want anything that has sat in the weather because I'm OCD about keeping stuff in tip top shape.

srb08
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Mine had around 20 miles and 4 hours. Machine was a demo from another dealer. I initially refused it but the dealer offered concessions on any accessories I ordered. So far he's been good to his word. Still pissed me off.

apple
11-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Same here srb08. Still piissed ; will keep updates comming. I feel another call to corporate

825joe
11-23-2011, 07:56 AM
mine had 0.2 miles and 0 hours. I would not be happy if it had 4+ hours on it.

xuvron
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Did you pay full retail or was there $ off? Did you have the dealership order it or was it on the lot? Was it the same machine you looked at the dealership? Most dealers have units that they let people try out at the dealership or drive in parades. They usually mark them down off retail. If this is the case and you wanted one with 0hrs take it back and pay more for the new one.