PDA

View Full Version : Gator 855d - Park Brake Issue

howard
12-08-2011, 03:15 AM
My Gator 855d has now 38 hours. I have a serious problem: under load the park brake doesnt hold the vehicle on hills. Recently it happend, that my Gator started to run after stopping on a hill even with no load. When I drive it is not possible to stop the rear wheels by pulling the park brake.
Anybody has made the same experience?
My dealer is checking the inside of the park brake, everything seems to be normal, all parts look like to be new.
Thanks for any help!

pahawi
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Type "brakes" in the search area and you might find something useful. Here's a thread about it, but there is other threads:

http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?11419-Parking-Hand-Break-does-yours-hold-on-a-hill&highlight=brakes

Paul

howard
12-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks, no further information. My gator is living in the mountains - www.stierva.ch
One again my question: when you drive is it possible to stop the rear weels by pulling the park brake?:Cnfsd:

pahawi
12-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Have you tried to make several hard stops from high speed? If not, try it, so your brakes kan set. Let it rest a bit between each stop, so your brakes dont get too hot.

I have no problem stopping my rears when driving. Havent tried with big loads, though.

Paul