PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Garage Sale Snags!

WOEII
12-17-2011, 05:04 PM
1 Buk! :BG:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vi0dx1.jpg
All she needs is them new cotton things and shes ready! :cool:

Regulator
12-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I think them cotton thingies are called "mantles"....I don't have one of those lamps anymore, but back when I was a kid (jeez...almost 40 years ago...) we had one of those cool Coleman Lantern's for camping, and I always remember my father telling me to be careful with the mantles as to not break them...I hope my memory is correct on this...

Today, I have the Coleman Lanterns that have the flourescent bulbs in them...that's almost kinda cheatin' , I guess...I got them for the house in case the electricity goes off and we need a light real quick like...since LED technology has advanced as it has, having a few of those kind of lights around the house is always a good thing in case of emergencies...low battery draw with lots of light!!!...

I miss that old Coleman Lantern like you got though...they looked cool, sounded cool, and even smelled cool...

Great score, most certainly!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr Administrator sir...I am enjoying the forum immensely, and I thank you for doing what you do...I visit at least a 3 or 4 times a day to see whats new...

Larry in MD

WOEII
12-18-2011, 08:42 AM
I think them cotton thingies are called "mantles"....I don't have one of those lamps anymore, but back when I was a kid (jeez...almost 40 years ago...) we had one of those cool Coleman Lantern's for camping, and I always remember my father telling me to be careful with the mantles as to not break them...I hope my memory is correct on this...

Today, I have the Coleman Lanterns that have the flourescent bulbs in them...that's almost kinda cheatin' , I guess...I got them for the house in case the electricity goes off and we need a light real quick like...since LED technology has advanced as it has, having a few of those kind of lights around the house is always a good thing in case of emergencies...low battery draw with lots of light!!!...

I miss that old Coleman Lantern like you got though...they looked cool, sounded cool, and even smelled cool...

Great score, most certainly!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Mr Administrator sir...I am enjoying the forum immensely, and I thank you for doing what you do...I visit at least a 3 or 4 times a day to see whats new...

Larry in MD

Thanks a bunch man! :Chers: