PDA

View Full Version : Rollover/turnover data needed

Salisburysenior
12-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I just purchased a 10-yr old 6x4 diesel gator in excellent condition. However my wife read all of the rollover warnings on the decals and in the operators manual and is concerned that it will roll over unless it is only driven on flat ground. Is there any data on what angle the gator will tip over when containing about 300 pounds of operator + passenger and driving at low speed? We are in our mid-70's and don't do crazy things when driving the gator.

OleGoat
01-18-2012, 12:05 AM
I am 80 years old and have been using my Gator 6x4 in the mountains for 10 years. I run across side slopes so steep that I would slide off the seat if I let go of the steering wheel. The only time that I feel a problem is going up a very steep slope and the Center of Gravity shifts to the rear axles, and the front axles come off the ground. If you analyze the wide stance and low GC of the Gator, you would see that a side roll over would require a very steep slope. I believe that you would feel the discomfort of a very steep slope before you would be in any danger of a roll over.