PDA

View Full Version : 4 wheel driive problem

goldsp8
12-31-2011, 04:03 PM
I have a 2008 620i that we bought this past summer. It has 180 hours on it as of this writing. The 4 wheel drive will not turn off with I flip the selector switch to 2 wheel drive. So, it remains in 4 wheel all the time. Any thoughts?

Regulator
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I believe I would eliminate the really simple stuff first like to make sure the wires are still attached to the back on the switch, and if the fuse that controls it is still good...then, trace the wire to the 4 wheel drive unit itself and make sure it's plugged in there too...maybe you've already done those things, but if not, then that's where to start...

I'm gonna bet it's an electrical problem if it just started out of the blue all at once...

Good luck finding the problem...if you figure it out, please let us know the solution here in case someone else runs into this...having a database of solutions to problems helps everyone...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

John Deere Nick
01-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Check and make sure that one of the wiresdid not find its way off somehow. Im not sure if there a fuse or not but there could be. The switch itself could very well have gone bad.