PDA

View Full Version : No EFI and limited top end..

Shoe
01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Deere should have put the diesel in the 4-seater. It's 2012 and pulling a choke knob to start anything outside of a weedeater is a joke. I know price point is the target but I think they are going to be changing this engine platform in the near future. I would like a 4-seater but not a glorified golf cart. It starts off quick but the lack of horsepower jumps at you with 4 people riding.

CaptDan
01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Shoe!

Just curious, two questions, what part of the world are you from & do you have a 4-seater or have you just had the opportunity to test drive one? If so, other than the lack of power, whats your overall impression of it ? No dealers near me have had one in stock yet. I agree no JD should be a glorified gold cart!

Dan

Shoe
01-23-2012, 11:13 AM
The dealers in GA have them. Thoughts are based on a test drive. Greensouth is the dealer in GA if you would like to order one.

Kiwi06
02-25-2012, 01:17 PM
They are probably available in more places now, but they've been at my dealer (east of Denver, CO) since some time in January. I have not driven them, but it seems to me like they'd be under powered - at least in 4 seat guise. I first saw them at the National Western Stock Show in Denver. Seldom saw them other than parked (I think I saw one full of people). Several were set up as EMT response vehicles. Almost everything I saw in use, however, were 825i's. I have no use for the extra seats and the only thing (other than cost) that would interest me in a 550 is the turning radius - which the 4 seater gives up. (I didn't even realize they were carburated. :Eek:) The only 550's I've seen in this area (up through my visit to the dealer 2 weeks ago) are the S4's.

- Steve in snowy Colorado