PDA

View Full Version : mirrors help

fire gator
02-14-2012, 12:01 AM
I know many of u have mirrors added looking for best to mount with factory no scratch poly windsheild they are also going to get banged by branches at times :OhNoes:

Deputy347k9
02-14-2012, 07:48 AM
"fire gator" if you do a search on "mirrors" I think there are several pictures posted of different mirrors. I believe I posted one picture with my mirrors that can be tucked in when in tight areas.

Larry from ME

Regulator
02-14-2012, 09:13 AM
FireGator...if you are interested in a rear view inside, I mounted a regular car style mirror onto my windshield...I have an all glass windshield so I can't say for sure whether or not the glue that attaches the little piece to the windshield that the mirror hangs on will work with a Poly windshield...I would imagine that it would...they also make wide angle mirrors that can be attached to the rollbar on the inside too that are a bit convex so that you have a nice wide angle viewing area....with my poly doors on my cab, there isn't much available that works well that attaches outside...they have to be mounted up so high, and away from the cab so that you can see them through the door windows...

Hope that helps a bit...I love my car style rear view mirror...it's just natural to look there when riding and it will never get torn off by branches...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

offroad2000
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
i know some of you guys have this type, i just got a set they fold back when struck and the glass is shatterproof there made by Zeizmik.
the cheapest i found them was at http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-DEERE-GATOR-XUV-SIDE-VIEW-MIRROR-SET-HEAVY-DUTY-/280752811440?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item415e2bedb0

the seller is top notch to deal with.:Thmup:

fire gator
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM
sounds like the more expensive break away is the way to go thanks guys

Gator Hunter
02-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Fire Gator, have you had a chance to post any pictures yet of your Fire Dept Gator? I've been chompin' at the bit to see how you set yours up. There are a few departments I know of that are considering setting one up for rescue missions and possible small grass fires.

On a side note, our dept currently has this old military vehicle (2 1/2 ton, 6x6) that we converted to our "Wildland" Fire truck with a 1000 gallon tank and 10 ton winch on it... it's like a tank.. you can run over trees with the thing if you need to get somewhere! I wish we had the budget for something like a UTV. It would come in handy.

fire gator
02-16-2012, 12:26 AM
I really need to take some pictures of it but been busy adjusting suspension or ordering more upgrades to improve it and just keep putting off pictures also daughter had surgery this yesterday and had to go back again to hospital again tonight so when things get relaxed again I will try to get some pictures posted