PDA

View Full Version : new gator owner

nmbugchecker
02-14-2012, 05:36 PM
I have had my gator for over a week now and i am really enjoying it. Did the first oil change without any issues. I will be putting 70-100 miles per week on it this spring and summer. I have a crop consulting business and i needed to upgrade from my yamaha grizzly. I enjoy all the info available on this site.

Deputy347k9
02-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Welcom to the Forum and good luck and riding with the new machine. Any special equipment for her?

Larry from ME

offroad2000
02-14-2012, 07:06 PM
welcome also, you will find what you need in help from these guys and any gals out there. :Ysnd:

plateauman57
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
pictures please. and welcome. where ya at?

nmbugchecker
02-14-2012, 09:21 PM
i live in southeast new mexico. got a 2012 camo, ops roof, no scratch window, front bumper and upgrade wheels with the bighorns. looks like it gets 17 mpg. My grizzly got 19-20.

CaptDan
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I grew up at the beach .....then a city boy for work.....so may i ask , not to be nosy but just curious ...what is a crop consultant ?

When ya live in a city ..it's amazing what I have learned that I never even knew that I didn't know ! If ya ask me or my kids where corn comes from ...the answer is the shop rite supermarket. So....just curious ....if ya don't mind.

Dan in New Jersey

nmbugchecker
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a business where i inspect crops for farmers and make recomendations as to what fertilizer,pestcide or herbicide needs to be put on. I inspect the crops on a weekly basis so i put a lot of miles on a four wheeler. looking forward to using a gator this year.

Regulator
02-14-2012, 10:46 PM
Work with a Gator will be fun!!!....I wish I could figure out how I could use mine everyday to make money with it...hahaha!!!

Welcome to the Forum!!!...it's nice to see new folks join up...we have a bunch of fun on here, and you can learn a bunch just by reading old posts...ask questions whenever you need a hand...there's plenty of us on here who have a bit of experience with these Gators and we've been through the "growing pains" already...I'm still pretty new to mine, but after being here since November of 2011, it's like I've had it much longer...you get to hear about everyone else's experiences with theirs, and it will help you with yours...

Oh yeah...one of my friends is a Fertilizer Consultant and had been using a Mule since they first came out years ago...he too recently upgraded to a Gator for his Crop Management Plan stuff...he puts an assload of miles on his UTV's in a year!!!...he wore out like 3 Mules, and now he's on his first Gator...he even had the soil tester thingie inside the cab so he didn't even have to get out to do the soil tests...went right through the passenger floor...and he was one of the first around my area to integrate GPS mapping into soil testing, along with GPS mapped custom liquid fertilizer application in Terra Gators...that was a few years ago...really hign tech stuff to me!!!...I own a trucking company and my guys haul mostly grain and fertilizer for a living...so, I kinda understand most of what's going on in that industry...

take care...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

Gator Hunter
02-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Welcome aboard! We love pictures so when you get some "free time", see what you can come up with. :Thmup:

CaptDan
02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
I have a business where i inspect crops for farmers and make recomendations as to what fertilizer,pestcide or herbicide needs to be put on. I inspect the crops on a weekly basis so i put a lot of miles on a four wheeler. looking forward to using a gator this year.

Thanks ....I learn something new every day ! I appreciate your response.

Dan

tex_diesel
02-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forum from a few miles away....El Paso! You will definitely love the gator! :Thmup:

kidd
02-15-2012, 10:08 AM
welcome!!!! Pretty cool here!!

Nate

825joe
02-15-2012, 11:52 AM
welcome :Thmup: