PDA

View Full Version : Finally got Front Parking Lights Wired - If you have Turn Signal Option

Halsey
02-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Here is how you get the front parking lights to work on your gator with the turn signal option. - you need two GM 150 Metri-Pack terminals (I got mine from my local Pep-Boys, Dorman Brand 85335). You need to disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the turn signal light fixture, look at the connector and remove the white plastic part that you can see, this will enable you to insert the connector with your new wire attached from the rear into the center hole (where the other 2 wires enter the connector). Make sure the connector is oreintated so that it slides on the flat blade of the connector. I you look at the connedtor, you can see how the others are inserted. After you have inserted the connector with wire attached, reinstall the white piece, seal the hole with silicone gasket stuff. Now repeat for the other side and run your wires to the rear of the dash (I ran mine in the wiring harness for the turnsignals) and splice into the head light switch, the terminal with the single pink wire. Now when I turn my parking lights on both front and rear light up.

My gator is a 2011 855d, but I beleive the 625 and 825 have the same wiring harness for the turn signal.

dieselsmith
04-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Do you have any pics?

Halsey
05-06-2012, 08:45 PM
I did not take any pictures

dieselsmith
05-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Can you to give us a detailed view of what to do?

creeker
05-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Just to be sure I'm following you, and apologies for being dense: by light fixture, you are referring to the plug that attaches to the back of the parking light bulb? And by splicing into the headlight switch, you mean adding the wires from your new connectors to the terminal with the pink wire, rather than splicing into wire itself? I found a 2010 discussion in which someone used extra pins added to the light fixture, then wired to the switch. Needless to say, it seems totally bizarre and unfathomable that JD would have a 3-position switch with the middle position operating only the rear lights; the sales guy at my dealer couldn't believe it and said he would look into the situation. Thanks for the information, in any case - and yes, pictures would be great, while understanding the difficulty of managing that.

Halsey
05-27-2012, 06:59 AM
What I did was add the the new pins to the middle slot in the front turn signal light connector (mine was empty), then ran wires to the head light switch and spliced into the single pink wire that connected to the rear parking lights. This gave me parking lights when activiated.

creeker
05-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks - that would seem to be the same method someone described in the 2010 thread on this topic. It took me a long time just to get the wiring harness for the deluxe light kit simply to work as intended - the connectors are extremely difficult to get seated, and which gos to which in the front harness is vaguely described in the directions.

dieselsmith
05-29-2012, 02:07 PM
My question is will they come on at the lower voltage/wattage when on parking then go brighter with the turn signal or 4 way activation? Or does this just turn them on full bore? I don't know if that is a dual filament bulb.

Halsey
06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
its a dual filament bulb, you will be using the unused filament.

jonny2guns4u
06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Here is how you get the front parking lights to work on your gator with the turn signal option. - you need two GM 150 Metri-Pack terminals (I got mine from my local Pep-Boys, Dorman Brand 85335). You need to disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the turn signal light fixture, look at the connector and remove the white plastic part that you can see, this will enable you to insert the connector with your new wire attached from the rear into the center hole (where the other 2 wires enter the connector). Make sure the connector is oreintated so that it slides on the flat blade of the connector. I you look at the connedtor, you can see how the others are inserted. After you have inserted the connector with wire attached, reinstall the white piece, seal the hole with silicone gasket stuff. Now repeat for the other side and run your wires to the rear of the dash (I ran mine in the wiring harness for the turnsignals) and splice into the head light switch, the terminal with the single pink wire. Now when I turn my parking lights on both front and rear light up.

My gator is a 2011 855d, but I beleive the 625 and 825 have the same wiring harness for the turn signal.

We don't have Pep-Boys in this area so I stopped by the local JD Dealer to get the parts needed to do this Mod. They really try to do the best they can to find what I want/need. Of course they had no idea what their part number was for a "GM 150 Metri-Pack terminal" or a "Dorman 85335". I had a Pic that I printed from the Internet so the Parts Guy went back to the Service Area and came back with this, JD Part 57M7297. Unfortunetly it isn't the correct connector for this project. I think this is actually a cross reference for GM 280 Metri-Pack terminal. The 150 is for a Blade Width of 1.5mm and the 280 is for a Blade Width of 2.8mm.

I wanted to post this so it can save others the time of buying this Part as it looks correct but will not work. I thought it was too big when he brought it out but he said that it was all they had for this type of connector. It is just too big to fit in the Housing. See the attached pictures as a reference. Maybe some of you out there wanting to do this can check with your local dealer and start with this Part Number and find the smaller connector and get "us" the correct JD Part Number.

rfraser
12-31-2015, 03:52 PM
Thanks, simple, quick and easy. Took about an hour counting the drive to town to get the 150 ends and wire. Local auto parts stores did not have 150 ends so I just went to local auto repair shop and they give me a couple. Nice New Year's Eve project

bradhill
12-31-2015, 04:27 PM
I also completed this mod. Fun project!! Awesome results!!

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

rfraser
01-08-2016, 09:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtBoTUBb8g0

bradhill
01-08-2016, 09:48 AM
Very nice rfraser

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger