PDA

View Full Version : Service Manual help?

gasboy
02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I downloaded a service manual, (430) pages and cannot find anywhere in it about removing water pump. I dont need it now, just didnt see it anywhere in manual.

Mikem
02-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Where did you download the manual from? The primary clutch has to be removed first.

Deputy347k9
02-28-2012, 09:41 AM
I just looked through mine also, found nothing in the index or the various secitons. I did find the torque values for the water pump, no description of removal or replacement? One of those things that you just take your time and go for it. I have changed many waterpumps in my life, cars, trucks and tractors, other then torque values it's pretty much straight forward.

Larry from ME

gasboy
03-08-2012, 06:30 AM
I was just wondering if the head had to be removed to remove the water pump. There is an o-ring on top of water pump that mates with head, also looks like a dowel pin to line up water pump, if thats the case that is some serious labor to replace water pump or to replace the o-ring. The camshafts will have to be removed to remove head. If there is no dowel pin then removal of head is not necessary.