PDA

View Full Version : what-cha-ma-call-it

plateauman57
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM
anyone know if someone (even JD) makes "for a Gator" the thing like you can get for pick up truck tail gates that go along the top edge of the tail gate to protect it when sliding things in and out of the bed? i'm messing mine all up and ive only had it two months. may have to make something if i can't find one.

thanks,

dj

Regulator
02-24-2012, 03:48 PM
If you have to, just buy one for a pick-up and cut it to fit the Gator if you can't find anything that is specifically for a UTV tailgate....I can't remember what I paid for the diamond plate one for my pick-up when I bought it years ago...I thought it was around $50.00....they probably have them as good or better now even cheaper than that...maybe one for a small pick-up is a bit cheaper...

I don't remember ever seeing any for UTV's now that I think of it....

Larry in MD :Jestr:

trussman
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Good idea for a manufacture to add to their selling tool box.

Deputy347k9
02-24-2012, 06:44 PM
DITTO! :IAgre::IAgre: The guy that built the custom roof for the Gator should be looking at this. I don't think it would be tht difficlt to fabricate out of diamond plate?

Larry from ME

Regulator
02-24-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree too....that would be a good thing to make pretty cheaply for sure....just so it doesn't cover up that cool yardstick measurement thingie that is embossed into the inside on the tailgate though....that could come into use if I ever decide to cut firewood for heat and need to measure logs to fit in a woodstove....

Ahhh...go ahead and cover it...they are still drilling oil....that's way less work than cutting firewood....that would take away from Gator playtime....

Larry in MD :Jestr: