PDA

View Full Version : New to Forums

Skillet23
03-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Brand New showing it off to friends.

Hello All,

Just wanted to do a little introduction and say "Thanks" for all the info I have found useful on these forums. I live in Southeast Texas (Beaumont area) and got my Gator this past year just before deer season (Septemberish). Me and my daughter hunt with some family and friends in the Texas Hill Country (Junction area).

I considered purchasing the Polaris Ranger (Dad has one) since I had seen them in action and was impressed with them. But, after checking out the Gator at the local dealer and comparing the two machines (Cost, specs, options) I decided to go with the Gator and must say I have not been disappointed at all!! I have loaded the bed with 1000lbs. of feed and traveled up and down the rocky hill country.

One heck of a machine!!!

David in TX

pahawi
03-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Welcome :Chers:

Paul

825joe
03-01-2012, 12:05 PM
welcome! nice machine!:Thmup:

srb08
03-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Welcome, I lived in Beaumont years ago and really enjoyed my time there..
Steve

Regulator
03-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome!!!...thats a seriously fine looking machine you have!!!...Good to know you've checked the place out and have found some useful info....

Just wondering for curiosity sake...what the difference between the Ranger and the Gator that made you buy the Gator instead???...I have an 825i and love it, but I didn't really check out any other models...I just had my heart set on this Gator!!!

Thanx for posting the pic!!!...post more when you can...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

Deputy347k9
03-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Very nice looking machine and welcome to the Forum! We do expect pictures when the machine is filled with deer or wild hog!!!

Larry from ME

purplewg
03-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Welcome David. I hear you guys have some real problems out there with hogs so you should be able to do some serious hunting of them at least.

tex_diesel
03-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Welcome!:Thmup:

john
03-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Welcome:hray:

Skillet23
03-18-2012, 07:48 AM
I went with the Gator over the Ranger because I could get more for my money. With the options I got on the Gator it was a couple thousand cheaper in price than the Ranger with both machines having almost identical load ratings.

Regulator
03-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Skillet....VERY cool pics!!!....I really like the one of your Daughter (?) with the Turkey...and then with a Ram!!!...that's really impressive, to say the least...I know you must be very proud!!!....(please excuse me if she isn't a "she"...I thought I saw long hair over the collar in the one pic...)

Deputy347k9
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice looking family, it's great to see dad teaching the children how to survive.

Larry in ME

Skillet23
03-19-2012, 07:46 AM
Yes, the brown haired angel with the turkey and ram is my daughter. She is also with the hogs. They other beauty with the hogs is my niece and the young man is my nephew. We (my brother and I) were raise hunting and fishing and taught to respect and value our natural resources, thus we have tried to pass this knowledge on to our children. Thanks for the nice comments!

Regulator
03-19-2012, 09:50 AM
"We (my brother and I) were raise hunting and fishing and taught to respect and value our natural resources, thus we have tried to pass this knowledge on to our children. "

You can be very proud of that too....that's one of "life's lessons" that should always be passed down to the next generation, whether it be a boy or a girl....some folks miss that point...I was comparing the pic of the little cutie on the left in the Pigs shot to the others and figured that was the same girl, but wanted to cover my bases in case it wasn't...hahaha....I think she's gonna break many a young man's heart as she gets older!!!...

Remember..."as she reaches the age where you and your wife permit her to go out on dates, when a young man goes to your house to pick her up, ALWAYS have your guns out cleaning them, and tell the young man that you'll gladly go back to prison for the sake of your daughter." :TT:

I stole that from ole Bill Engvall...he cracks me up....:lol:

WOEII
04-24-2012, 07:40 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/34g4ljl.gif

gator2753
09-30-2012, 07:27 AM
how many day were you there for