PDA

View Full Version : Cargo box Problem

Fred G
03-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I have a Gator 620i with an automatic dump box that will not work. when I push the button down it works but will not work at all when pushed to go up? Had this question to JustAsk for 2 days with out an answer can anyone help?

CaptDan
03-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Fred,

Welcome to the forum. I can't be too much of a help as I have a 825i. Have you checked the wiring and fuses ?

Give it a little time here, there are many very very smart people on this forum, including some John Deere mechanics, they do not all check in every day, some have lives and jobs unlike me. I'm sure people will be weighing in with thoughtful & helpful recommendations shortly.

Dan

Fred G
03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks, Dan
I will wait and see what happens.

Deputy347k9
03-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Fred, welcome to the Gator Forum. I am quite sure someone will chime in here soon. We will try and keep this post upfront for all to see. I tried a Google searh for power bed problems with the Gators and got nothing. I do know the power bed kit for the 825, 855 and the 625 are the same, part number BM23694, driven by eletric motor and gear ump. Not sure what model is on yours? Appears you have power? When you activiate the switch for the up position is there any noise what so ever?

Larry from ME

Fred G
03-03-2012, 08:57 AM
When I activate the switch in the up position there is no noise at all, there is in the down position so I know it is getting power. I had a load of dirt in it and was wondering if it had a reset switch that might need to be pushed? Have looked for one but did not find it.

Thanks

hornadylnl
03-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Do you know how to use a volt meter? I'd check continuity in the switch. If it's good, I'd check to make sure you are getting voltage at the relay from the switch. Go on down the line until you find the problem.

Fred G
03-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Yes, I can and will do that.

Thanks

Deputy347k9
03-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Yours is an electric motor turning hydraulic pump. The switch, which works two relays that are somewhere in the harness, one for raise the other for lowering (same relay) I would think they are mounted under the bed, in the front , where the pump and motor are mounted. If you can locate the two relays, you can swap them and see if problem changes direction. If it does, you just need the new relay. The switch could also be at fault, not sending power to the raise relay.

I am wondering if you could jump power to the relay and see if it would go up?

Larry from ME

Fred G
03-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Have a Birthday party to go to will let you know tomorrow.
thanks for all the help

Regulator
03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm with Larry in ME....the first thing I would check is to see if the wire terminal simply came loose from in back of the switch since you have power going down but no up...if it's not the switch terminal, then what Larry said is the next step...try those relays and see if a switching them changes the direction of the problem...

I had no clue about those relays before I read Larry's reply, so that is a good tip for me to file away in my trouble shooting section of my brain in case it happens to me one day...that's why this Forum is sooo cool!!!...you learn stuff you didn't realize you needed to learn...

Good luck on the fix...I hope it turns out to be the loose wire on the switch since that's about as easy as a fix can get on these Gators!!!

Larry in MD :Jestr:

hornadylnl
03-03-2012, 12:36 PM
If this is actually an electric motor running a hydraulic pump, it's most likely electrically powered up by the motor turning the hydraulic pump and a solenoid dump valve being actuated to lower the bed. If it's a single stage cylinder, that's how it would operate. If you have a hydraulic line going to each end of the cylinder, it would be a dual stage. In that case, you'll use the electric motor to go up and down. If it's a dual stage, you should be able to eliminate the motor being a possibility.

hornadylnl
03-03-2012, 12:44 PM
I believe this kit is the one you have.

https://estore.macgregorsupplies.co.uk/storefrontCommerce/itemDetail.do?itm_id=27774&itm_index=20&orderQty=1&cust_item=10053361

Do you here the motor kicking on when you hit the down switch or a click and it just goes down?

CaptDan
03-03-2012, 03:38 PM
...that's why this Forum is sooo cool!!!...you learn stuff you didn't realize you needed to learn...

Not to hijack this post but Larry truer words were never spoken about this forum.

Dan

Deputy347k9
03-04-2012, 07:04 AM
I agree with Dan and Larry, I have learnt so much here, not just about my own machine (825i) but all Gators and a few other toys. I have found this Forum includes some very gifted individuals. I log in every morning, sometimes before 0600! We are growing daily. One other thing I enjoy is there is no bickering, nasty remarks or crude posts like I have seen on other types of Forums.

Back to the issues, I am hoping that this problem gets fixed soon. Please keep us updated!

Larry from ME

pugwash4
03-04-2012, 07:49 AM
i had the same problem way back were the wires goto the frame looking at the back on the right side kind of have to look under the bed the wires leave the lift ram then to the frame where they connext to the frame is likly your problem spot you have to push them back in that might be of some help

Fred G
03-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks, I will look into it today and let you know what I find.

Fred G
03-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Got It, Thanks for your help!
After taking your suggestions into consideration I decided to start at the switch I pulled the plug off the back of the switch and plugged it back in AND IT WORKED. It was a bad connection on the back of the switch in the dash.
:Ysnd:

hornadylnl
03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Good to hear. Much better than having to replace the whole pump and motor unit. Part of the point I told you to use a meter is that you would see the wiring and connections along the way. If you've got any dielectric grease, it would be a good idea to put some on those connections.

WOEII
03-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Got It, Thanks for your help!
After taking your suggestions into consideration I decided to start at the switch I pulled the plug off the back of the switch and plugged it back in AND IT WORKED. It was a bad connection on the back of the switch in the dash.
:Ysnd:

I love a happy ending! :Chers: :cool:

CaptDan
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I love a happy ending! :Chers: :cool:

:IAgre: :IAgre: :IAgre: :IAgre: :IAgre:

Dan

Deputy347k9
03-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Now this is a "Happy Ending" Yahooooo!:party

Case solved, what's next?

Larry from ME

onebadhabit
03-19-2012, 05:20 AM
I had a similar problem but mine was from a rubbed wire at the frame relay connection near cylinder. Glad yours was just switch, but it might be worth checking the wire conditions at the back.