PDA

View Full Version : 02 Gator ---- Brakes locking up

elbowcarey
03-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Need some help, I was driving recently and when I applied the brakes a loud noise came from them and the rear tires locked up......... I tried again and the same thing happened........... Is this just a cable adjustment or does this mean a complete brake job? Thanks

notamechanic
04-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Did you ever get this sorted out? Sorry to see you have no help in almost a month. I have a very similar problem and just posted about it. Maybe someone will have an idea there that will help you also.

elbowcarey
04-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Well I'll let you know in like a week, I just ordered a new brake setup so my plan is to take apart the trans axle and change the plates and pads to see if this remidies the problem. I hope is not something with the clutch the brakes just cost me 600 bucks.........Really what my gut is tellign me is that the brakes are bad.................Locking up and making that terrible sound to me is telling me that the steel plates that separate the brake pads in the trans axle must be plate on plate because the pads are so badly worn and there is nothing left to slide on causing the machine to abruptly stop and make that awful sound. I'll post my results as soon as I get it done.... If you find something out first let me know

zionview
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
My TS 4X2 is starting to do the same thing. :OhNoes: Let us know what you come up with.