PDA

View Full Version : Gator TS Electrical issue

wetterman
03-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Someone worthless meth head ripped most of the wires out of my Gator along with other things. I am trying to get it put back together and have run into a problem that I hope someone can help me figure out.

I have a manual and schematic and it has been helpful - to a point. We have found the wires that we need to make it crank. When you pull the spark plug out and put it on top of the motor housing and crank it - the spark plug does not spark as the engine cranks.

There are 3 wires (2 green and white and a red wire) that come out of the top of the motor. The 2 green and white that are still attached to the wiring harness that is still in the Gator. The Red wire is not attached to anything.

When I look at the schematic I can not find the red wire. If you have one it is the wires for X2 (I think) since it is the only wires that are green and white and they attached to the brown wires in the harness.

I assume the red wire is the one that provides power to the spark plug.

Does anyone have any idea where it is suppose to go?

Please make any answers easy to understand. I have had 2 brain tumors and over 5 months of radiation in the last 4 years. So I am kinda slow and get frustrated really easily. I really need my Gator working since it is easy to get into and it allows me to get around the farm.

Any ideas, suggestions or funny snide remarks will be greatly appreciated.

This Marine is "Having the Time of My Life while Living my Childhood Fantasy"

David "Gregg" Wetterman

Deputy347k9
03-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Wetterman: First I welcome you to the Forum. I noticed your ending quote about being a Marine. I retired from the Marine Corps during summer of 1991. To this day I still miss my Marine Corps family. We are selling our farm here in Maine and relocating to Cherry Point, NC, we are excited!

I do hope someone with the knowledge chimes in and helps you out. The only thing I know about eletrical is "it's a shocking experience".

Semper fi
Larry in ME