PDA

View Full Version : JD Glass windshield with wiper for 2011 xuv...info needed.

ncbowhnter
04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
I am about to finally order a windshield/top combo. Its coming down to the poly top with the glass windshield and the top/windshield from prosum.
My question is.....the glass windshield that comes with the JD one has a wiper with it...is it manual or electric? can't find any info anywhere on it. thanks

Regulator
04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
It's electric...for sure....I push the button, and the wiper goes back and forth...and back and forth...and...well...you get the picture...

I don't think I could live without that little piece of wonderful mechanical engineering now that I've had it...or the glass windshield....or the sliding glass rear window....the rear camera system rocks too...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

ncbowhnter
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
I ordered the glass windshield and poly top from my dealer today. thanks

jonny2guns4u
04-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I love the Cab. I wish Deere would have had a Glass Window option on the Poly Cab. My Poly Windows are all scratched up from running through the woods. I know the price would have been way up ther but the Cab wasn't cheap to begin with.

Deputy347k9
04-12-2012, 07:11 AM
As they say, hind sight is 20/20! Like so many other Gator owners, we realize that first purchase of the 825i is very costly. For this we try and save buy down grading what we want for extras. I wanted a full enclosed cab but to save money I down graded to a poly top, rear protection and no scratch windshield. Now I kick my self daily in the arsss for the decision. I would like more then anything to have a complete Prosum cab system. I could have started with the roof and glass windshield and purchased as money came in, now I am upside down with what I have purchased from John Deere.

How I would like to have glass and wipers!:cryn:

Larry in ME

asp
04-12-2012, 08:36 AM
This is not as good as glass but wash the windshield, then use lemon pledge, and polish. Works for me to help with the scratches

plateauman57
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
As they say, hind sight is 20/20! Like so many other Gator owners, we realize that first purchase of the 825i is very costly. For this we try and save buy down grading what we want for extras. I wanted a full enclosed cab but to save money I down graded to a poly top, rear protection and no scratch windshield. Now I kick my self daily in the arsss for the decision. I would like more then anything to have a complete Prosum cab system. I could have started with the roof and glass windshield and purchased as money came in, now I am upside down with what I have purchased from John Deere.

How I would like to have glass and wipers!:cryn:

Larry in ME

I know what you mean Larry, especially this winter going through the woods with snow covered limbs....I would have to stop every so often And clear my windshield. I think Im just gonna take my top, windshield, and back cage off soon and sell them for what I can get and start ordering the Prosum system one piece at a time. If only I had known. Oh well, Ive learned for my next gator. Ha.

825igatordone
01-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Specifically where do you plug in the windshield wiper wiring harness connectors at the battery?

GATORDONE
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
I hear you Regulator, isn't the cab with the glass window with wiper just the cats meow! To bad the other clowns :Jestr: didn't get one!! :lol: