PDA

View Full Version : shiftling linkage in center console

osiris
04-09-2012, 09:54 PM
i was driving to day and went to shift into reverse and the shifter went loose,ie nothing there, lifted the box linkage looked good, lifted the pass seat and pulled 2 of the retainer pins on the shroud around the back of the center console and looked in at the linkage and noticed the pin had fell out not sure what way it was in before but i eventually put the pin in so the cotter pin wouldnt catch on my winch wiring again and pull out the cotter pin just something to look at next time your in that area of your machines, kina odd though i never seen the cotter pin laying anywhere in there must have fell somewhere, winch wiring is wire loomed and ziptied out of the way i guess just not far enough away

Regulator
04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Good thing that was an easy fix!!!....kinda weird that a cotter pin would get pulled loose too...sounds like it wasn't in and the ends bent correctly from the factory maybe...I've had way more cotter pins rust in the pin and freeze up in there than those that have worked their way out somehow...

How's the other stuff coming along???...I saw your "before" Db meter readings...I'm anxious to see the "after" readings...I should go buy a meter and see what mine is at now that I have done my mods already...it would be curious to see how much different they are from your "before" readings...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

osiris
04-10-2012, 08:55 AM
everything else is good, all the yard landscaping is just about one, new interior in my truck, a ton of dynamat in my truck floors, doors and back wall, component speakers are in front and back, sub box built but have to do bracing and amp tuning today, now if the electricians would hurry up and stop shutting power off to the shop while working on updating the electrical in the house, shop, and barn or if i could find a floor harness for a 2004 che vy2500 hd w heated memory seats id be happy but supposed to call the boss today and find out when im heading back to work, ive had 2 WEEKS OFF!!! ive been a busy S.O.B but if i get all that done ill get some dynamat on the gator put the doors back to and get some new #`s and i still need to take the harley out for a ride to damn many projects :Wlys: