PDA

View Full Version : Need 2011 625i exhaust manifold

Farmboycitygirl22
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
anyone know where i can get an exhaust manifold for a 625i gator?

The dealer informed me that mine rusted out from washing it. The dealer also told me the current part was discontinued

Kind of a joke for a machine that is just out of warranty with 103 hours on it.

Regulator
04-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Is this a joke???....a dealership told you that an exhaust manifold rusted out from washing it???....on a new 625i???....and now that part is already discontinued???....:Bnghd:

I guess I would probably be in jail for that because if my dealership told me that I had rusted out my manifold on my Gator from washing it, I would have slapped the shit right out of him :mad:...well, maybe it would have taken a couple more slaps to knock all of that bullshit out of him....that is sooo ridiculous that it isn't even funny....you must have been washing that particular manifold with sulfuric or hydrochloric acid twice a day ever since you had it for it to rust out from washing it...

Please don't take this as slamming you at all there, Mr./Mrs. FarmBoyCityGirl...I don't mean that at all...first off, I wanna welcome you to the Forum...you will get an answer to your question from somebody with a little more knowledge than me on where to buy parts for your 625i other than at the Dealership....I would try this guy first though...he has a bunch of used and new Gator parts and he has a nice website showing what he has....if you don't see it, send him a message and chances are he will have it...here's the link... http://thegatorguy.net/ ....Good luck to you on getting fixed up...

Larry in MD :Jestr:

Deputy347k9
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
First off, "Welcome to the Forum". With that said I am agree with Larry in MD, "who the hell are they kidding"? I have never heard of such "pure bulshit". They have to come up with some sort of lame ass excuse so they don't have to fight with John Deere to replace it. A 2011 with only a tad over 100 hours and this, NO WAY do I buy it.

Larry in ME

GATORDONE
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
The exhaust manifold subbed up to part #am142347 $613.00, Plenty on hand at deere parts depo, Any good parts man could have helped you on this, If your machine is out of warranty get the territory service manager involved because this should of not rusted out at 103 hrs by washing it, Like both Larry's said he must be some kind of dipstick.:jm::

ratrod
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Think its time you found a new dealership to buy parts from.

Deputy347k9
04-23-2012, 06:15 PM
I like Gatordine's idea, "get the territory service manager onto this ASAP! Tell him you were born at night, but not last night! Please keep us posted. I can't brelieve the price of $613.00, I have purchased custom maniforlds for my show vehicles for less?

Larry in ME

missouri gator
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=GATORDONE;22816]The exhaust manifold subbed up to part #am142347 $613.00, Plenty on hand at deere parts depo, Any good parts man could have helped you on this, If your machine is out of warranty get the territory service manager involved because this should of not rusted out at 103 hrs by washing it, Like both Larry's said he must be some kind of dipstick.:jm::[/QU

:Chers::Chers:

Deputy347k9
04-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Make sure your voice is heard loud and clear with the "territory service manager" AND, PLEASE keep us all posted as to the outcome!

Larry in ME

apple
04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
try calling corporate. it did wonders for a problem i had with and 825i;plus i got a free 100 hour service

Neva Dude
04-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I have the same exhaust problem on my 173 hour 625i. It looks like someone took a blowtorch to it and has a 2 inch split. I called and e-mailed photos to my dealer and as of right now, they are going to replace it under the EPA emmisions part of my warranty which is for 30 months. This is a design flaw and probably every 625 i should be recalled and a better exhaust system installed. The heat shield does such a good job that it burns the exhaust pipe to a crisp.

Deputy347k9
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Now the picture is getting much clearer, thanks Neva Dude for you imput and Welcome to the Forum.

Larry in ME

Neva Dude
05-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Update on 625i exhaust. I just got mine back from the dealer where they replaced the original exhaust system with a stainless steel one and a new type of heat shield. This should take care of the design/equipment flaw of the original system. It was covered by the EPA emissions warranty which is for 30 months. All I paid was a transportation charge of $41.00. I suggest that any 625i owners take advantage of this before the warranty runs out.

Larry in Tennessee

GATORDONE
05-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Farmboycitygirl, Did you get your's fixed?:Cnfsd:

Deputy347k9
05-08-2012, 07:09 AM
I am very happy to learn it did not cost you as much money as initially thought. The problem with all owners taken their machines in for the update is, many of the John Deere dealerships will not do any type of warranty work unless it's broke at the time. Not what will break, unless a recall. Hopefully many of us has dealerships that will take care of us, considering the money we spend. Over the years I have purchased 5 new machines from John Deere and owned many other pieces of John Deere equipment that I purchased used. All my service and repair parts/oil/filters ect all came from John Deere. I spent a fistfull upfront and continue after the purchase. A break once in a while is fantastic, keeps me coming back.

Larry in ME

Lefty
02-05-2013, 05:40 AM
Update on 625i exhaust. I just got mine back from the dealer where they replaced the original exhaust system with a stainless steel one and a new type of heat shield. This should take care of the design/equipment flaw of the original system. It was covered by the EPA emissions warranty which is for 30 months. All I paid was a transportation charge of $41.00. I suggest that any 625i owners take advantage of this before the warranty runs out.

Larry in Tennessee

I have a 2011 625i with 690 hours that I bought used early last year. The exhaust manifold has been leaking since the beginning. I pulled it and it has a defective manifold. I have contacted a local dealer who wants to be helpful, but has no experience with the EPA warranty. He is researching it for me. Do you have any cites for the warranty you can provide? Do you happen to know if it is applicable if you are not the original owner as long as the 30-month period has not been exceeded. Thanks for any assistance!

jakerator
02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi Lefty, welcome to the forum. I don't know if Neva Dude is around or not. I have an 825i, but regardless, I would think that a factory warranty EPA or whatever would be honored regardless of how many owners are involved. It has "x" amount of hours or "x" amount of months. Did you buy it used from a dealer?
Jake

Lefty
02-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi Lefty, welcome to the forum. I don't know if Neva Dude is around or not. I have an 825i, but regardless, I would think that a factory warranty EPA or whatever would be honored regardless of how many owners are involved. It has "x" amount of hours or "x" amount of months. Did you buy it used from a dealer?
Jake

This is my first experience with a Gator. I bought it in March of 2012 from an individual. Frankly, it seemed to have an exhaust leak from the first day I had it, but not being familiar and not being able to detect a leak, I assumed it was "normal." I installed a cabin enclosure for the winter and the fumes inside were very intense. I plugged holes in the floorboard and tried to plug the holes around the enclosure. That helped, but then the exhaust leak got louder. I decided to pull the exhaust manifold. The problem was obvious. Ilooked at buying a replacemen and the $613 price tag got my attention. I identified this forum and ran across Neva Dude and the stainless steel replacement. That's the first I had heard about a dealer working with an owner, so I',m encouraged on two fronts. Maybe a local dealer will help me get a replacement under the EPA warranty and, if not, if I must to pay for a new one, it will not have to be just like the one that had that was defective. The price is off the reasonable charts anyway, but to pay that much for a defective design .....well, I won't even comment. I'd rather let someone else have the Gator and move on to a Honda! Gator lesson learned, if you know what I mean. At this point, it's wait and see. Thanks for your interest.

Lefty
04-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Update on 625i exhaust manifold. My local dealer was able to get my manifold replced under the John Deere EPA warranty at no cost to me.

Destiny creek
04-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Update on 625i exhaust manifold. My local dealer was able to get my manifold replced under the John Deere EPA warranty at no cost to me.
That's why you buy John Deere. I have found that if anyone is going to stand behind their product it the people of J.D.