PDA

View Full Version : 2005 tx gator 4x2 single cylinder carb prob!

shawnd
04-24-2012, 06:09 AM
hi guys i am working on a 2005 tx gator with the 400 cc kawi single cylinder engine i refreshed the top end and i went to run it and it is flooding bad spitting gas out of the carb ! just wondering of any common problems with this gator ? i cleaned the carb and checked the float and needle valve? would the govenor have anything to do with this?

elbowcarey
04-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Mines an 01 but I'm sure it's similar.................. Hopefully you have a manual, then just follow the directions for adjustment in the order given. Just tuned my up and throttle response it great. Governor made a world of difference when adjusting mine. My manual says 1)governor 2) Choke 3) Slow idle mixture screw 4) fast idle speed adjustment 5) throttle cable adjustment Following this order worked great on mine, out of the tm1518 manual

shawnd
05-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Well I installed a new needle and that didn't seem to work so I am thinking te intake valve may be loose also I do not have a manual to adjust the govenour it will start sometimes but it will not rev up and then it just falls on its face any ideas?