PDA

View Full Version : amt 600 enigine swap

Ramper
05-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Are there any "easy" engine swaps for the AMT600?

orangeGrower
05-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I bought an engine replacement kit from Small Engine Warehouse a few years ago. There was a slightly smaller Kawasaki engine, a mounting bracket, and the variable speed pulley that goes on the engine shaft.

The price was good and it was a pretty straightforward job to install. It requires a moderate amount of cursing to get the engine under the frame until the mounting bolts drop into the proper slots. The throttle, choke and fuel connections were simple and obvious.

I remember there being a question about electrical hookup that required a call to Small Engine Warehouse, but they gave me a clear answer and I didn't have to change any wiring or connectors.

It is a smaller HP engine, but the performance is very reasonable.

Ramper
05-04-2012, 11:15 PM
http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/RepowerItems.asp?Brand=John%20Deere&Model=AMT600

This is the one they sell that fits. A little pricey, but maybe worth saving the hassle

geniusloerts
06-07-2012, 03:18 PM
someone posted a video of a guy swapping in a harbor freight motor. I think they(the big motor) are listed on H.F.'s website for around 350-400. he used a londer belt and fabbed an exaust for it, which isnt too hard to do with a small welder and a cut off wheel or a freind.

Johny Gator
08-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Hello,
I wonder if anyone has tried to replace the gas engine on an AMT 600 with an electric drive motor. With the frame structure, it seems like there would be room for batteries and a motor. Plus it would make a really Green, Green machine.

Thinking out loud,
Steve "Johny Gator"

Mr. Moose
03-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I want to toss a 15 HP Honda Repower under mine. I've heard of people doing it but can't for the life of me find any pictures or anybody that knows anything about it. For me the 8hp Kit is worth to much for what it is. Already my Gator is underpowered so why would I waste that much money when I can buy a cheaper, bigger motor.