PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the instructions for the Deluxe Light Kit?

pahawi
06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Had the dealer to install a Deluxe Light Kit, before shipping it here, and he promised to let the instructions follow the machine, but of course it wasnt there. Problem is that non of my rear flashers work and to be honest, I'm not even sure, if they ever did. First thing I'd like to check is the bulbs (I know - strange if both burns at the same time, but still....just want to rule it out), but it seems it's not that easy to get access, to the inside of the rear light housings??, which is the first reason I'd love to get a copy of someones instructions. Second reason I'd like a copy, is that if the bulbs is OK, I'd like to check the routing of the wires, etc. So, if someone have the instructions and dont mind the hassle emailing me scans, PLEASE pm me. The part# for the kit is BM23764.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

WOEII
06-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Had my dealer install mine. Also in about 4 months later the rears started to work and then not work. Problem was under drivers hood take out the tray and look for the signal fuse. Kinda looks like this....mine looked like a metal flying saucer.
http://i48.tinypic.com/155mptf.jpg
This little bugger worked itself loose and was bouncing on the upper metal gator frame grounding in and out. I pulled it off to the side and zip tied it so it was unable to touch anything else metal. Bam! Back to workin like new. :cool:

Sorry I don't have the install worksheet.

jergeod
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
WOEII what you are holding in your fingers is the flasher unit just like what you have in your car, if it was grounding out through the metal case your fingers are holding that flasher is no good and should be replaced. The metal housing should not be energized at all. These things are known to go bad with alot of vibration or bouncing around as you said yours was. These things are all the same and can be had at any auto parts store, some are longer than others and the long ones are heavy duty for like trailering but will also work with no problem.

pahawi
06-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys. WOEII, as jergeod says what you're showing is the flasher unit. I checked mine and it seems solid and OK and not hitting any metal. Is there a fuse for the rear flashers only and if yes, where can I find it?

Can anyone tell me how to get access to the rear light bulbs?

Would still love a scan of someones instructions :-)

Thanks.

Paul

pahawi
06-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Would still love a scan of someones instructions :-)

Noone able to help with this?

Thanks.

Paul