PDA

View Full Version : Gator 4x2 Ignition Help

BRHomestead
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have an older gator 4x2. My guess is a 94' or 95', serial W004X2X009608, which from a serial # sheet puts it in that age range. It was made in canada, how it found it's way to my old neighbor I have no clue! Anyway the fuel pump started acting up last year, took it apart & cleaned it. It did fine for about 6 mos & I "thought" it had finally died. I ordered a new one from Deere, put it on & nothing. So I pulled the plug & it has no fire. I'm thinking coil, but wanted to run it by some seasoned gator owners to see what they thought. When it's running it's awesome! Hauls hay to the horses, drags fields, moves trailers & I do NOT want to get rid of it! I will tell you that even with a low top speed of 18-20 mph my nieces, nephews & son can STILL get it up on 2 tires! Dang kids! Of course after everyone is done removing the oxygen from in front of their computer, YES, I do ground them from it, but kids are kids. I'm just looking for more help on this situation. It turns over find, normally starts right up. Has had regular maintenance since I bought it. I'm not 100% on which Kawasaki motor it has but believe it to be the 10 hp one? Any help would be appreciated! I'm tired of carrying hay!