PDA

View Full Version : Rsx delayed

AMAROK
08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I have just been informed by my dealer that production and deliveries have been stopped, any one heard about this delay ?????

plateauman57
08-07-2012, 12:15 PM
when i asked my local dealer the other day when he was going to get one in he said that he should have already had one but there was a safety issue so they werent being shipped yet.

GatorMover
08-07-2012, 02:06 PM
There's no official word that I know of but we should have had miles and miles on them before now so who knows! We're due to recv one in a week- but I'm not holding my breath.

Dane
08-07-2012, 05:40 PM
The sales guy at my dealer said that Deere was having rim/tire issues that could be holding up deliveries until sometime in September. We were talking about XUV's so I don't know if it applies to other models or if it's really true or just a salesman story.

WOEII
08-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Must be having hard time installing my special ordered turbo. :Jestr:

AMAROK
08-08-2012, 04:18 AM
I f any one could shed some light on this delay it would be appreciated !!

825joe
08-08-2012, 10:07 AM
I think a lot of this is speculation.

AMAROK
08-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I think a lot of this is speculation.
Well that's what my dealer has told me ,it was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this week, Have any been delivered ????

825joe
08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Well that's what my dealer has told me ,it was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this week, Have any been delivered ????

Im not trying to arguing with you bud, just waiting for it to be official. :cool:

825joe
08-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Just spoke to my dealer. My friend which is the sales manager said that if something was delayed safety wise they would have recieved a notification from JD. I think supply and demand is catching up with JD. No biggie but trying to pump these things out fast enough is tough.

AMAROK
08-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Just spoke to my dealer. My friend which is the sales manager said that if something was delayed safety wise they would have recieved a notification from JD. I think supply and demand is catching up with JD. No biggie but trying to pump these things out fast enough is tough.

Thank you , I have an 825i coming from the same dealer and just cannot wait to get them both !!

825joe
08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
The same dealer?

AMAROK
08-11-2012, 01:31 PM
The same dealer?
hI YES SAME DEALER, I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THE RSX AND THE 825I , at the moment i have an 855d turbo and they will be a welcome addition to my toy collection !!!!!

825joe
08-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Let me clarify that....you meant the same dealer as me correct. Sorry got confused on that

Danno
08-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Just received ours !!! Getting PDI'd in the shop ... trail version green and yellow .... sounds awesome !!

825joe
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Great!! Mine will be here in a day or so. It was released, I can't wait!:Thmup:

WOEII
08-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Not Fair! :Wlys: My olives been pushed into mid September! :cuss:

hornadylnl
08-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Being the premier gator forum owner, one would think you'd have some pull.:BG:

825joe
08-23-2012, 07:55 AM
:lol:

825joe
08-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Not Fair! :Wlys: My olives been pushed into mid September! :cuss:

sorry bud.....they might be breaking it down by region.

AMAROK
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Being the premier gator forum owner, one would think you'd have some pull.:BG:

I wish, just have to wait like everybody else !!

825joe
08-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Picked up the RSX yesterday. Let me tell you . This thing is CRAZY!!! Unbelievable throttle response rides like its on rails and super comfortable. I will have pics up tomorrow. :Thmup:

Redowl
08-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Picked up the RSX yesterday. Let me tell you . This thing is CRAZY!!! Unbelievable throttle response rides like its on rails and super comfortable. I will have pics up tomorrow. :Thmup:

Completely unacceptable!!! :cuss:

We want pictures TODAY :BG:

Seriously though, congrats. Can't wait to hear what this thing will do! :Chers:

825joe
08-29-2012, 09:46 AM
the ergonomics are excellent and the engine is extremely snappy. I have not felt ANY side by side that has this type of get up and go. Super happy and 2.9% helps too. :Thmup:

825joe
08-30-2012, 10:03 AM
Just a quick update, I will be making a new thread with pics shortly. Also for those wondering if 53mph is top speed for the RSX...it isn't. I tested on a long straight away last night and hit 58mph. The motor felt like it had more in it and no sign of hitting the rev limiter. This thing has the potential for 60+ easily. More than fast enought for me though. I adjusted the rubber door strikers and that helped with the slight rattle I heard when hitting potholes and bumps. Its a blast to drive. More to come....:Thmup:

825joe
08-30-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.engines.piaggio.com/data/V_twin_scooter_850_rev1.7.pdf

This was a good read too. I have no doubts about this motor. Piaggio which owns Moto Guzzi and Aprilla are excellent engines with an outstanding reputation. In my opinion JD made a good choice going with this V-Twin monster.

WOEII
08-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Just a quick update, I will be making a new thread with pics shortly. Also for those wondering if 53mph is top speed for the RSX...it isn't. I tested on a long straight away last night and hit 58mph. The motor felt like it had more in it and no sign of hitting the rev limiter. This thing has the potential for 60+ easily. More than fast enought for me though. I adjusted the rubber door strikers and that helped with the slight rattle I heard when hitting potholes and bumps. Its a blast to drive. More to come....:Thmup:
http://i.imgur.com/HqygH.gif

WOEII
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.engines.piaggio.com/data/V_twin_scooter_850_rev1.7.pdf

This was a good read too. I have no doubts about this motor. Piaggio which owns Moto Guzzi and Aprilla are excellent engines with an outstanding reputation. In my opinion JD made a good choice going with this V-Twin monster.
Do I see twin spark plugs per cylinder in that pdf? :lurk:

Regulator
08-30-2012, 11:12 PM
My dealer called me today....they got a new one in earlier this morning....the salesman wants me to stop by friday to take it for a spin....I can't wait...after hearing Joe's review of it already, I am seriously jealous!!!....I highly doubt that I will trade my 825i in on one simply because I like all the stuff on my Gator now, like the cab, plow, and all the other little doo-dads I have installed in the thing...I wish I was rich and could afford to buy a second Gator, because I would definitely be ordering one of those new 850's for sure!!!

I haven't checked yet, but does John Deere offer options yet on the new 850's, like a cab and that sort of thing???.....I'm just curious....I really like my glass windshield and wiper, and the whole cab that's on my 825i, so if I ever were in the market for a 850, I would hope I could equip it the same way...

I'm really anxious about going to try the new one out tomorrow....I'll probably be happy as all git-out to be riding it, but will end up being sad because I'll have to leave it there!!!...the wife and I are in the process of trying to buy her late mothers house that sits on land next to our local Chester River...it has a sweet rancher home on it and has a bunch of acreage, alot of it wooded, to play on....it's a dream home and location for us to be honest...if I came home from the JD Dealership Friday afternoon and told my wife that I had bought another Gator, you all would be reading my Obituary by Monday morning!!!...it was funny earlier when I told her that the salesman called me to tell me that they had a new "Race Gator" in that they wanted me to try out...she told me forcefully, and bluntly that "we need a house before we need another Gator"...end of story...:TT:

I guess I better do as she says on this one...:OhNoes:...I'm still gonna dream though!!!

Larry in MD :Jestr:

DIXIEDOG
08-31-2012, 07:47 AM
They just never understand our "needs" do they :rofl:

beaterman
09-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Hope everyone sees this info on top of the Owners Manual - do not operate above 40 mph or 6000 rpm for the first three hours

Dane
09-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I can get my 550 up to 30 if I have a tail wind. You guys in RSX's will be passing me even during your break-in period.

WOEII
09-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Hope everyone sees this info on top of the Owners Manual - do not operate above 40 mph or 6000 rpm for the first three hours

Very important info!!! :Wlys:
:Chers:

825joe
09-06-2012, 07:56 AM
does anyone actually follow that...lol. Sorry but I broke that rule.

I believe in running the machine like your are going to run it. Babying it is not good but neither is beating the bejesus out of it. Just vary your speed and don't hold it wide open for the first 50 miles or so. Everything needs to seat in but if you baby it, and then later on down the road go balls to the wall their is more of a potential for issues. That is just my oppinion that an ol' timer told me a long while ago and has worked ever since. :Thmup:

Dane
09-07-2012, 08:47 PM
I stopped by my dealer today and took the RSX for a spin. I asked the salesman about the delay for safety reason and he said it was the geometry of the front suspension. Apparently when coming down hard the wheels would camber in (positive camber)(I hope I'm describing it properly) which narrowed the vehicle's stance during hard maneuvering.

---

By the way, driving the RSX was a BLAST! I came away comparing it to a snow machine. It came up to rpm quickly and stayed there as the body seemed to ride back onto the rear wheels with the front's planing over the ground. I think my 550 handles well but this thing just floated and handled the bumps well even accelerating hard and cornering. Definitely made for performance.

I tipped the bed to take a look at the engine and all I saw was exhaust. The engine was nicely tucked up under the seats. I assume to keep the CG low and balanced front to rear.

BeasTboyz
09-09-2012, 08:58 AM
My dealer doesn't have a reason, but mine was delayed from August 23rd to September 24th. Waiting patiently since I'm not sure if I'll buy it or order an 825i and begin the wait process over again. Wish there was one somewhere near that I could test drive :/

Dane
09-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I was quite impressed with the RSX but whether it or the 825 is right for you depends on how you intend to use it. The doors and bucket seats make entry & exit slightly more difficult and slow versus a traditional Gator so it's not as good for work where you are in and out of the vehicle a lot. But the seats & doors give it a more enclosed, secure feel at speed. The dump bed looks identical to the one on my 550. It's a useful size though not as large as the bed on the 825. Basically like all the XUV's it's a bit of a compromise vehicle but the RSX is solidly aimed at recreation end of the scale while still allowing you to do some work with it.

magilla12
09-13-2012, 06:27 AM
My dealer got a sport and trail model which they sold within days, the sport to me and the trail to a friend of mine. Now they have another sport model. I had to wait about a week for them to get the correct oil so I could do my first oil change..go figure.

825joe
09-13-2012, 09:56 AM
just use amsoil 0w40 synthetic. It is made for high perf. applications and just as good as the JD oil if not better protection. As for getting in and out of the RSX I found it to be easier than my 825i. The only thing extra is opening the door.:Thmup: