PDA

View Full Version : Deceleration noise

number3shot
08-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Hadn't had my 825i out for a couple of months so was going to load it up and put a few hours on it at the duck lease.
Everything was good until I decelerated. At first I thought a mud flap got hung up behind the tire. That type of noise but loader than just a mud flap. Tried speeding up and slowing down several times with same results. This is happening without applying the break and only when it slows to near stop. Sounds like it is under the bed somewhere. Any ideas? That drive shaft problem that seems pretty common on the first 825i's???
Thanks.

Grafikartizt
09-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Hadn't had my 825i out for a couple of months so was going to load it up and put a few hours on it at the duck lease.
Everything was good until I decelerated. At first I thought a mud flap got hung up behind the tire. That type of noise but loader than just a mud flap. Tried speeding up and slowing down several times with same results. This is happening without applying the break and only when it slows to near stop. Sounds like it is under the bed somewhere. Any ideas? That drive shaft problem that seems pretty common on the first 825i's???
Thanks.

I was curious if you ever found out what the problem was? I recently ran into the same problem with my Gator and after looking for answers online I keep reading about the same possible problem (a one-way bearing that may have gone bad). Can you confirm that this was the problem?
It's a horrible popping / grinding noise, and it's hard to tell where it's coming from. Only happens when taking my foot off the gas. Very strange. Thanks.

IdleUp
09-29-2012, 10:29 PM
I was curious if you ever found out what the problem was? I recently ran into the same problem with my Gator and after looking for answers online I keep reading about the same possible problem (a one-way bearing that may have gone bad). Can you confirm that this was the problem?
It's a horrible popping / grinding noise, and it's hard to tell where it's coming from. Only happens when taking my foot off the gas. Very strange. Thanks.

More than likely you are hearing the noise from just before the freewheeling clutch as it prepares to disengage, mine does the same thing. Next time you ride see if you hear the noise just before the clutch releases.

ESierra62
10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
More than likely you are hearing the noise from just before the freewheeling clutch as it prepares to disengage, mine does the same thing. Next time you ride see if you hear the noise just before the clutch releases.

I have a fairly new 825i and get the same noise. The biggest problem here is when descending a road. When the clutch disengages there is no holding the gator back it's full speed ahead, so I have found I need to keep one foot on the gas to prevent the disengaging of the clutch and the other foot on the break to control excessive speed.

IdleUp
10-20-2012, 07:37 PM
The clutch is a total joke - its old technology that was used 15 years ago on my Mule. Off road vehicles need the engine for braking and what do they do? they disengage it completely.

mikeyman
01-03-2013, 08:26 AM
So it sounds like the deceleration noise is normal from what I am reading in this thread. It happens on mine also when the clutch is about to disengage. Mine is currently in the shop due to this noise because I did not know what it was.

IdleUp
01-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Go pick your machine up its totally normal - you're like me it drives you crazy!
Seems to me they would replace that antique clutch with something that was current.

Mike

mikeyman
01-03-2013, 10:13 AM
Great, thanks. They also told me them same thing when I called them a few minutes ago.