PDA

View Full Version : 825i fuel filter

ncbowhnter
08-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Just ordered a new fuel filter for the yearly change per the manual. I am not very mechanically inclined but according to the manual, this may not be too difficult of a job even for me. Just wondering if anyone has replaced it and can give me any pointers for doing it or if there are any tricks or anything that I need to pay special attention to that is not mentioned in the manual.

ncbowhnter
08-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Nevermind. Just finished up the job. Piece of cake.

Landscaper
01-20-2014, 09:15 AM
Sorry to bring up an old post but………………How do you change the fuel filter on a 825i? (the one on the right side of the machine on the back frame rail under the bed) Those 2 black plastic tabs…….push/pull i tried…..mine doesn't want to move anywhere!?!?!:Cnfsd: I tried everything but stopped so i didn't break it!:Bnghd:

DIXIEDOG
01-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Sorry to bring up an old post but………………How do you change the fuel filter on a 825i? (the one on the right side of the machine on the back frame rail under the bed) Those 2 black plastic tabs…….push/pull i tried…..mine doesn't want to move anywhere!?!?!:Cnfsd: I tried everything but stopped so i didn't break it!:Bnghd:

They pull out but you will most likely break them. I would make sure you have 2 new plastic locking clips before your pull it apart. Both of mine broke at 1 yr old....glad the parts guys warned me I would probably want replacement clips on hand.:Ysnd:

Copperhead
11-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Might be worth getting some metal squeeze clamps as an alternative.

Bunky
11-30-2015, 06:02 PM
I have not installed a new one yet but you have to release the pressure on the fuel system first.

dieselsmith
12-20-2015, 08:46 PM
How do you release the fuel pressure? Any good way to get the clips out?