PDA

View Full Version : 550 "Ridge Runner" Lock down Bar & 4 Pt Harness's

mountaingoat
08-16-2012, 07:31 PM
1364136513661367Hi All. Nearing the end of my "Ridge Runner" build up is this last major item. This is my version of a Lock Down Bar for a Four Point Harness system. It includes adjustable headrests (bump pads). The harness's are by Crow Enterprizes, made with quality in the USA! These are designed for UTV's to work from a lock down bar. They are 3" units with built in shoulder pads, and Sternum belt. Fasteners used are stainless from The Nutty Company( on-line vendor). The head rests were stitched for me locally, and the black powder coating was from R & B powder coating of Poultney Vt. These wide 3" belts are very comfortable, and store easley behind the Deere buckets. Up next, and last ( at least for this season) a little bit more Bling! mountaingoat.

Dane
08-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm glad to see you're still working and I'm surprised you did not go for a full aerobatic airplane harness with a ratchet strap to suck you into the seat even harder... Nice looking build. Have your driven it much yet? I'm curious how it feels being securely strapped in. I'm finally starting to get accustomed to rocking and bouncing with the bumps.

mountaingoat
08-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi Dane. Actually the harness are really comfortable, working well with the buckets, and eliminates the side to side throw on my rocky trails.The stock belts are fine, but don't do much laterally. Everyone that rides in the 550 comments on the ride compared to the Mule or Ranger especially with a bit of speed on the potholes. I've put about 35 hrs on now, and I'm having a blast. mountaingoat

gatordear
08-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Hi Mountaingoat... Wow, what a setup... Are those bucket seats or ejection seats? I too have just over 30 hours now on the 550... Love it, use it most days. gatordear

mountaingoat
08-18-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey gatordear. Hopefully It's all about Anti-ejection! This is actually pretty standard fair for off road. We'll be seeing more of this type of safety gear with the RSX should Deere ever let them go! These belts look a bit aggressive because they are 3" wide, which are more comfortable. The narrow belts tend to make you feel like a trussed up pot roast! Having a blast! mountaingoat.

gatordear
08-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Mountaingoat... One thing I complain about is the OEM shoulder strap. It seems to rub my neck the wrong way. I see Deere has some sort of extension, called comfort straps. They should have included them on the unit. Your machine looks great.... gatordear

mountaingoat
08-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey gatordear. I've seen them on-line ( Run Green, Amazon, eBay) for $68 to $78. They locate the strap 6" lower. You can have someone hold your belt at the cage in that position to see if it will help. I believe they also stretch a bit. Maybe money well spent if you use belts a lot. mountaingoat.

magilla12
09-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Man I need one of those lock down bars, did you fab it?

mountaingoat
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Yep. Did a bunch of other items also. Check out the other 550 "Ridge Runner" threads. If you have welding, and fabrication experience contact me off line, and I can give you some info on the fabrication,as well as parts sources. If you don't care to build contact DragonFire Racing to check on availability of things for the RSX. DragonFire was used early on to fab items for the Show models. I hate waiting, have lots of time (retired) and have been building and fabing for about 50 years. You stop you die! Good luck, mountaingoat.1475

magilla12
09-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Yep. Did a bunch of other items also. Check out the other 550 "Ridge Runner" threads. If you have welding, and fabrication experience contact me off line, and I can give you some info on the fabrication,as well as parts sources. If you don't care to build contact DragonFire Racing to check on availability of things for the RSX. DragonFire was used early on to fab items for the Show models. I hate waiting, have lots of time (retired) and have been building and fabing for about 50 years. You stop you die! Good luck, mountaingoat.1475

That's awesome, I will be in contact.