PDA

View Full Version : Plowing, hauling, working with an 850i?

Redowl
08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
I know the RSX hasn't been out very long (if at all), but I'm curious what folks think based on the specs/marketing materials you've seen. Do you think the 850i could plow driveways/roads in a Wisconsin winter, or will that be a stretch for this "race machine"?
My wife and I were all set to pull the trigger on an 825i this fall, but then John Deere went and dropped this lovely new machine on the market and now I'm torn.
Our uses for the UTV will be:
Light hauling of firewood, rocks, etc (property/cabin hauling - light duty, not farm-hauling duties)
Plowing 3 driveways and some roadway in between
Recreational riding with our friends that have "touring" ATVs
Hauling our children, friends and nieces & nephews around

What do folks think? Which machine is better suited for the job/fun?

hornadylnl
08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
It looks like the cargo box capacity is 400#. That's 2 average adult males. Won't take long to overload it. I saw the 550 cargo box at the dealer the other day and it's about half the size as the 825. I don't imagine the 850 box will be much bigger than the 550 box. 400# capacity isn't even an option for me. I load mine down with wood, limbs, etc.

DIXIEDOG
08-26-2012, 06:27 PM
The 850 box also doesn't have square corners....it's really not intended to haul much. Unless you need the extra 9 mph you'd be better served with the 825i....it has a lot more capability for work....more room and it seems to be a pretty well proven platform.