PDA

View Full Version : CX Gator Tire Rub

jacksdad79
09-14-2012, 05:16 PM
I just purchased a CX compact gator and I am experiancing tire rub on the left front fender. I have the Air preasure set at the factory recommended 12 psi and have also been through every setting on the adjustable shocks. There is only about a 1/2 inch gab between the tire and front fender. Wondering if anyone else has experianced this? I believe Deere just increased the size of the front tires from 18 to 20 inch. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have spoke with my dealer and he opened a case but looking for answers from owners...

Mulch Gator
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
I just purchased a CX and had the same problem. I adjusted the front shock preload setting from the softest which it came on to the medium setting of the three and did not experience any more rubbing. The instructions are in the manual and it should have come with a spanner wrench to make the adjustment.

appyacres
08-04-2013, 02:22 PM
I am 6'3" and 230 lbs - even with front shocks set at stiffest setting I get the rub anytime I cross a small ditch at slow speed. I have found no fix for this except running turf tires. The more aggressive tires are slightly larger and will rub. Have not found any aftermarket products to jack the front end up so I just let the wife drive it. If I sit on the passenger side it will rub there also. She only weighs 120 lbs soaking wet.

appyacres
08-04-2013, 02:39 PM