PDA

View Full Version : E Z Steer V.S. Wicked Power Steering

Funkster
09-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I am looking at installing a power steering unit on the gator and have found 2 different companies and kits. The Wicked is close to 1,000 bucks and the E Z Steer is about 600 bucks. I didn't know if there was that much difference in value between the 2 or if anyone has any imput. Thanks a bunch!

-Funkster-

hornadylnl
09-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Here's a review from another forum of the ez steer unit. $600 makes it a lot more attractive. Just added a Boss plow so I may end up getting something.

http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-s-specific-discussion/85769-ez-steer.html

Funkster
09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the,reply. So I take it nobody has installed an E Z steer on here?

Funkster

DIXIEDOG
09-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I hadn't even heard of them for side by sides until you posted it up....I'm assuming it's the same EZ Steer company that makes boat systems and if so they are good.

hornadylnl
09-18-2012, 06:17 PM
I emailed and asked if the E Z steer fits the 855 D and they said no. Also no plans as of yet to make one.

Funkster
09-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Well that stinks. I hadn't made it that far yet. I wonder what the difference is for the diesel?

-Funkster-

jdinsider
09-19-2012, 07:29 AM
They make a new 855D with EPAS, which is electric assist steering. As far as differences between the 825 and 855 front end. There isn't ANY, except the radiator.

purplewg
09-20-2012, 06:48 AM
I have been considering the EZ steer. I may make it a Christmas present to myself. If I do, I will report back on my review.

TeamFASMotorsports
11-03-2013, 06:30 AM
I emailed and asked if the E Z steer fits the 855 D and they said no. Also no plans as of yet to make one.

Hey guys, new to the forum but def not the gator world. We absolutely carry a kit for the 855d. Also carry it for a ton other models. We will be happy to help you out. Feel free to drop us a PM for member discount pricing. We just popped over here because a member on the rzrforums told us a few users had questions. We have ad 100s of these units with no issues. Feel free to ask us any questions you may have. We also carry a ton if aftermarket parts for gators including seats winches etc. thanks again - JT

hoosiervet
05-07-2014, 08:30 PM
I installed the EZ- Steer on my 2013 John Deere Model 825i Gator and it works great as any power steering I've had!!! Love it and glad I installed it!

TeamFASMotorsports
10-14-2014, 03:51 PM
I installed the EZ- Steer on my 2013 John Deere Model 825i Gator and it works great as any power steering I've had!!! Love it and glad I installed it!

Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback - JT

Skillet23
10-18-2014, 03:53 AM
JT,

I see on your website ya'll do lift kits. Do ya'll build a bracketed front and rear 2" lift for the Gator 825i or have plans to? I know it's been the subject of lots of threads on this and other forums...

David in TX

hoosiervet
11-23-2014, 06:00 AM
Fantastic! Thanks for the feedback - JT

This has been the second going on third year for EZSteer power steering unit and still working great.I guess if I had to pick one thing that is cool, it is power steering when you really need it at low speed, backing and manoeuvring around and the sensor kind of kicks it out at higher speed and you can maintain a more positive feel and tighter steering at higher speed. The only thing I will say that it was a real challenge installing it, tight quarters and the steering wheel was really tough getting off. And I installed a JD KNOB originally which made it even easier to steer or move the steering wheel back and forth rather than using a spoke on the wheel but after a short period of time got in my way more than anything so I removed it pretty quickly, worked well just never fit the steering wheel correctly.

Hope this helps someone,
-Bill :Seya:

200mph
11-23-2014, 08:33 AM
hoosiervet,

Thanks for sharing your long term results and glad to see everything is going well with this upgrade. It's always nice to see threads completed.

At some point I'd like to add PS to my gator and it nice to learn how it has worked out for others.

Thanks!

hoosiervet
11-24-2014, 07:05 AM
You are very welcome 200mph. . . . And I like to see things through to completion as well, EZ Steer is one of the better things I've added to my Gator. I knew right after I received it I should have bit the bullet and just ordered power steering from the factory, ordered basically everything else but the glass doors for the factory hard top, got the top though in the event I wanted to add them later. Got the power dump and glad I did, it fave me the flass front and rear glass and a wiper in the front which has already been handy. Then I find out form the local JD dealer that factory PS could not be put on my gator at all after the fact so I would have had to trade back in to get the PS and it wasn't going to be cheap to do this, over $3k. I got to checking on electric assisted power steering that was out there, read some reviews, talked to staff folks at EZSteer, they were great by the way, even called me to see how everything went and was works, talked to them a few times on different matters and they hung right with me through the installation process, refreshing to deal with people like that these days that is for sure!! Like I said earlier it was really tight quarters installing this unit on my 825i but there was enough, so during this part of it I talked to some factory/staff people back and forth and it really did help. All the wiring connections plugged right in to my Gator factory wiring, so it is more than less a plug and play and basically worked right out of the box, Well engineered and thought out, bolted right into exiting holes for mounting, plugged right in to factor wiring. Nothing to cut, nothing to drill, hard to get to the steering shaft to install the new one that comes with it due to having to go through a gear box now, this and getting the steering wheel off was the most difficult part of it all, but doable, and feels good when your done. Of course now that I've done it the second one would be easier. In fact the local JD dealer is just 1/8th of a mile from me and wants to know if I'm interested in doing some of these for them, I said maybe but I'm retired and not really looking for a job either!!! http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/member.php?16857-TeamFASMotorsports was definitely dynomite to deal with and that makes a big difference to me.I had hopes of finding some used OEM glass doors and mounting hardware, so if you know anyone that for whatever reason they don't need or want them anymore let me know please' I would have an interest if the price is decent. Would be handy in the fall and definitely winter.

Thanks,
-Bill

TeamFASMotorsports
12-15-2014, 12:04 PM
JT,

I see on your website ya'll do lift kits. Do ya'll build a bracketed front and rear 2" lift for the Gator 825i or have plans to? I know it's been the subject of lots of threads on this and other forums...

David in TX

David, we carry a 2" Spring spacer lift. not a bracket lift. Price is $135 shipped - JT

TeamFASMotorsports
12-15-2014, 12:05 PM
You are very welcome 200mph. . . . And I like to see things through to completion as well, EZ Steer is one of the better things I've added to my Gator. I knew right after I received it I should have bit the bullet and just ordered power steering from the factory, ordered basically everything else but the glass doors for the factory hard top, got the top though in the event I wanted to add them later. Got the power dump and glad I did, it fave me the flass front and rear glass and a wiper in the front which has already been handy. Then I find out form the local JD dealer that factory PS could not be put on my gator at all after the fact so I would have had to trade back in to get the PS and it wasn't going to be cheap to do this, over $3k. I got to checking on electric assisted power steering that was out there, read some reviews, talked to staff folks at EZSteer, they were great by the way, even called me to see how everything went and was works, talked to them a few times on different matters and they hung right with me through the installation process, refreshing to deal with people like that these days that is for sure!! Like I said earlier it was really tight quarters installing this unit on my 825i but there was enough, so during this part of it I talked to some factory/staff people back and forth and it really did help. All the wiring connections plugged right in to my Gator factory wiring, so it is more than less a plug and play and basically worked right out of the box, Well engineered and thought out, bolted right into exiting holes for mounting, plugged right in to factor wiring. Nothing to cut, nothing to drill, hard to get to the steering shaft to install the new one that comes with it due to having to go through a gear box now, this and getting the steering wheel off was the most difficult part of it all, but doable, and feels good when your done. Of course now that I've done it the second one would be easier. In fact the local JD dealer is just 1/8th of a mile from me and wants to know if I'm interested in doing some of these for them, I said maybe but I'm retired and not really looking for a job either!!! http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/member.php?16857-TeamFASMotorsports was definitely dynomite to deal with and that makes a big difference to me.I had hopes of finding some used OEM glass doors and mounting hardware, so if you know anyone that for whatever reason they don't need or want them anymore let me know please' I would have an interest if the price is decent. Would be handy in the fall and definitely winter.

Thanks,
-Bill

Bill, thank you so much for the positive words! Glad you love the kit - JT

200mph
12-15-2014, 04:33 PM
What makes removing the steering wheel so difficult?

TeamFASMotorsports
12-18-2014, 10:56 AM
They are all just a royal pain in the A. Even on the brand new never driven other SXS's like the RZR 1000 etc they just dont come off nicely. We made our own small version wheel puller and it works awesome - JT

200mph
12-18-2014, 08:59 PM
TeamFASMotorsports,

Can you provide a picture of your design or suggest what type of puller is the best to use?

Thanks

TeamFASMotorsports
12-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Id love to lol however Its in Cali and i just flew back to NY for the Holidays yesterday. however its along this idea and you can just drill 2 holes and make one - JT

Rare1a1
04-09-2015, 01:23 PM
FAS - is there a power steering kit available for the HPX?

TeamFASMotorsports
11-11-2015, 11:01 AM
FAS - is there a power steering kit available for the HPX?

Sorry we missed this post so long back. Yes we make a kit for the 2005+ HPX - JT

TeamFASMotorsports
11-11-2015, 06:49 PM
We put a coupon code up for anyone looking for Powersteering for the Gators. Code is ( jdpskit ) Models are listed here:

​http://teamfasmotorsports-com.3dcartstores.com/John-Deere_c_277.html

pahawi
11-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Tempting to have two 2011 825i kits shipped to Denmark, but I'm worried about your trouble installing it. Was there no step by step instructions or was the instructions just bad in general?

Thanks.

Paul

bradhill
12-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Paul
The instructions generally lead through the install, not necessarily through all the steps. Does this make sense?

You will need some decent snap ring pliers, socket extensions, 8mm head bolt socket, jointed adapters and steering wheel puller.

The task can be completed by someone with average mechanical skills.

Hopefully this helps?

Best Regards!
Brad

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

TeamFASMotorsports
08-17-2016, 05:32 PM
We are once again running a Powersteering sale guys if anyone here was still interested in one.

VictoriaFarm
04-25-2017, 11:20 AM
Any plans for another discount code?

bradhill
04-26-2017, 10:39 PM
Any plans for another discount code?

I bet if you called them they would give you a code.

TeamFASMotorsports
08-27-2017, 11:48 PM
I bet if you called them they would give you a code.

​Discount Code is still active for you guys.