PDA

View Full Version : 2004 4x2 Gator - Electrical Issue

tudor1967
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Hello, I have an older gator that has been parked in a barn for a couple of years - all systems were functioning properly when parked. I have replaced the battery and when I put the key in the ignition and turn I get nothing - no lights, indicators, hours, etc.
I've been looking for a fuse of some kind but no luck - I actually saw a post on a different website that said there aren't fuses on this year and model.
I've also noticed when it's in neutral with parking brake disengaged, the gator does not seem to roll freely and I hear a slight grinding noise - I realize this may keep it from cranking if its not completely in neutral but I should still get some signs of electrical correct?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, JK

jergeod
09-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I have an 05 and the fuses are under the pass seat next to the battery. Now if there are none check the wires going to the starter for inline fuses. The rolling and grinding thing is most likely brake rust and once you get it running and use it once or twice that will most likely go away. Make sure you have a good ground at the battery then follow the + wire back and check it to make sure you have 12 volts at the starter, if so now you need to start at the key switch and follow the harness back making sure that some pesky mouse hasn't chewed it up some place.

tudor1967
09-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info! I'll take another look this weekend.