PDA

View Full Version : traction control ?

milesajw
09-20-2012, 11:18 AM
The rigorous testing proved to be very important. One example was the result of aggressive test driving at speed on undulating terrain that broke some half-shafts. ?If they got airborne and the driver stayed on the throttle, the rear wheels would start to spin real fast and when they hit the ground you?d snap a half-shaft,? says Lund. ?So we included in the ECU, a programming that sensed if the wheels were over accelerating and would cut fuels and spark until those wheels made contact with the ground again.? Problem detected through testing like the customers use the machines and solution provided through John Deere?s outstanding engineering.

I seen this in an online article. Wonder how it would act in mud , slick rocks or climbing loose hills ? Still trying to decide if i want to buy.
Thanks for any input.

825joe
09-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Are you talking about the RSX. If so. I have not noticed any traction controll what so ever. I believe that information is false. A lot of articles have false info on them when the RSX specs were speculated

milesajw
09-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Here is the link i got it from. http://www.propickupmag.com/tag/atv/ .Said the quote was from marketing manager.
They don't really call it traction control , just a way to prevent broken axle. I really like the rsx from what i have seen. Although i have not seen in person , just on the net. Talked to dealer yesterday and he give me what i think is fair quote , if the rsx turns out to be what i expect.

magilla12
09-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Ok, that kinda makes since to me, we were in the sand yesterday and on some of the woops, I did notice something of that sort. I thought it was the rev limiter. Hmmm.. I never noticed it on hills.