PDA

View Full Version : John Deere OPS cab system

SaltyMcHaggis
09-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, anyone on here have any experience with the factory OPS cab system that JD puts out. I got one on my 855d and in all honesty it is marginal at best! Yesterday as I was coming off the trails on the family land, nothing extreme at all, I hit a couple of consecutive exposed roots. Once I hit the second one the drivers door flew open! Now I have been on these trails before for the last few months and this had never happened of indicated that I would, and once the door reached the max point allowed by the limit strap it had enough momentum behind it to start and pull the rivets out of the door frame. This resulting in the inability of not being able to close the door now because there is enough sag forward in it that it contacts the fender before the cab frame.

So enough about my cab, how are the rest holding up?

CentMO3088
11-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Not overly impressed with mine either. Cheaper than the deluxe cab but still way overpriced for what you get. Doors latches require adjustment almost daily to keep them working. Finally gave up on the little set screws that are supposed to hold the hinges in place and ran 4 self tappers through each hinge and into the roll bar. I went with the 825i over a Polaris because I liked the suspension and the Deere just looked better built but the Polaris cab is light years ahead of the OPS. I will look at other after market cabs if I buy another Deere.

ratrod
11-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I've been considering getting an OPS cab, but after reading about the issues I may have to figure something else out. I have the windshield with the wiper and really need some sort of a back window, at any speed there a vortex is created and the cab area fills with dust.

Deputy347k9
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Have you all looked at other cabs out there? I know there is one that I would love for the wife to purchase for me as a Christmas gift!! LOL:pondrn:

Larry in NC

ratrod
11-28-2012, 11:59 PM
I already dropped some good coin on the OPS windshield with wiper. I wanted a deluxe cab but cant see spending that kind of coin on a cab.

Have you all looked at other cabs out there? I know there is one that I would love for the wife to purchase for me as a Christmas gift!! LOL:pondrn:

Larry in NC

SaltyMcHaggis
12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
yeah, i looked into the curtis Pathpro cab. My father in law has a curtis not the path pro but that cab system is ver solid. from what i remember he has had no issues with it. not to mention the path pro ss is basically the same price as the ops cab. i think if you kick in some extra money you can get it with a wiper, and everything wired and good to go. i.e. beacon light, wiper, spot lights, heater.