PDA

View Full Version : Question if you have seat belt comfort straps

Zephyr74
10-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I just put on seat belt comfort straps on my 825i and the seat belt now has about 6" of slack in it because the retractor won't take up the extra length that has been added due to the length of the comfort straps! If you have them installed, are they bolted through the bottom hole on the OPS bar where the seat belt was previously bolted? Or is it normal to have slack in the seat belt now?

Thanks for your reply!

RMOSSSO1
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
I keep mine plugged in and that solves the problem when I am not wearing the seat belts. Try it. I also have the snuggers or whatever you call them. Easy enough to just plug them in as if they were being used.:Ysnd::reye::Ysnd:

RMOSSSO1
10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I keep mine plugged in and that solves the problem when I am not wearing the seat belts. Try it. I also have the snuggers or whatever you call them. Easy enough to just plug them in as if they were being used.:Ysnd::reye::Ysnd:

Also, I tried using the other bolt holes and it is impossible.

Zephyr74
10-07-2012, 09:04 PM

Also, I tried using the other bolt holes and it is impossible.

Thanks for reply! This just doesn't look good when there is so much slack when not buckled. I saw what you mean about keeping it buckled when not sitting in it, but you shouldn't have to do that... Poor design! And yeah the other bolt holes would be impossible to use.

Is everybody noticing the same "slack"??

PeteWI
10-09-2012, 01:05 PM
It would be nice if you could wind the spring in the retractor one more round but I don't know if that is possible.

pwshepard
11-12-2012, 11:37 PM
First post.

I have the comfort straps as well and the slack was driving me crazy. I was able to move the top mounting bolt to the top hole on the ROPS. The tricky part is holding the nut while you tighten the bolt. There was not enough space in the channel for any of my wrenches. I tried several. What I was able to do was start the bolt by hand and once it was started, I took a large flathead screwdriver with about a 1/4" square shaft and wedged it between the channel and a flat side on the nut, while applying a lot of pressure with the screwdriver on the nut. This kept the nut from spinning and once the nut touched the channel, it didn't try to spin as bad. It must be a spurred nut(not sure if that's the right word). I was able to tighten it fully. This totally eliminated the excess slack and the belts look and function great. Hope this helps.

Zephyr74
11-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Yes this makes sense. I will give it a shot! Thanks for the tip!