PDA

View Full Version : New Bling released for XUV 550?!

mountaingoat
11-15-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi All, Just when you thought you have seen it all, you find you haven't! Shown in the photo's is a new offering to bring some flashy Bling to your 550! They are "BlingStones". Just follow the simple instructions included to mount these babies to the faux bead-lock screws on your 550's mag wheels! :hehe: Relax guys, it's just a tung-in-cheek item sent to me by my very talented Brother-in-law after following the "Ridge Runner" build up, which admittedly did have a bit of "Bling included. :BG:, mountaingoat177017681769

825joe
11-15-2012, 03:29 PM
LMAO!!!!!!:lol::lol: priceless. I almost lost my mind before I read it was a gag....good one!:lurk:

Dane
11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Rhinestones. Just what every Gator needs.

vanderrt
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
The spare tire looks good but I'm not sure I want to lose that much space. I'd like to figure a way of mounting the spare on edge next to the side panel in the bed. I'm hoping that way I still will my cargo space. I have an 550 S4. Has anyone mounted a spare this way?

Dane
08-07-2013, 03:21 PM
If you want to carry a spare and still retain use of the bed I'd consider mounting it off the front brush guard or on the roof. The bed's not huge so even mounted above the wheel well you're going to give up a fair bit of cargo volume and access for something you may never use. Then you also need to figure out how to carry a jack, wrench and possibly a big foot or boards for under the jack to prevent it from sinking into soft ground.

I do agree that a spare tire is the best insurance but another option is to carry a tire patch kit and air pump which can fit in the glove box or front storage compartment. It won't help if you rip out a sidewall but for a simple slow leak, nail or thorn puncture it can easily fix the tire and get you back on the trail.

vanderrt
08-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Good ideas. I have a tool box under the front seat with my winch accessaries 3' of chain, a tree saver strap, snach block, and different size D rings. I have room for a jack and tire iron but I like the repair kit idea better as long as no servere tire damage. I can leave it on the axel if it just a nail and fix it. There is also the large storage area under the hood too. I like mounting the tire in the bed best. I think it will leave me enough storage room for a tent, ice chest, small propane camp stove and grub. Living of the land I'll leave to the younger folk.

mwn1960
09-01-2013, 11:37 PM
I saw an old boy that made a tire rack that went in the receiver hitch, not the best place to put it but he can take it off if you wants. I know it can be a pain but he didn't want to carry it all the time. vanderrt, i'd love to bring my 550 4S down to the coast to see how does in the sand. How did you handle it.

vanderrt
09-12-2013, 10:32 AM
mwn1960...It's great in the sand plows right through it. You get some looks in the deep sand people can't beleive how it preforms. Nothing I've tried so far has bothered my little 550 S4. You're more than welcome I've got an extra room and my wife is a good cook :0) We could have a little rally.

mwn1960
09-13-2013, 10:23 PM
vanderrt That would be fun but if I would do that to my wifes baby she would have me hanging from a branch of a liveoak tree. That was the deal I got the tractor ,she got gator. We don't get down there much any more but maybe a weekend a year to fish. Work throws a wrench in things. Thanks for the offer. Don't get to check the form like I want. Do you have the light package on yours, I guess I should say the one with the blinkers, should have had it put on when we bought it. Its use to check on the grandmother and aunts place down the county rd. so its always on the go.

vanderrt
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
I put the Supior Signal and break light kit on. I had them do the work when I had the S4 in for clutch replacement. I'm going have to take them apart though they put the lights together wrong on the rear. They have the white flashing instead of the red useless in the day light. Just let us know if you decide to come down we'll get the room ready. We'd love to meet y'all.