PDA

View Full Version : Also Posting here in the tech dept. Need some help...620i

radargator
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi Everyone- Pleasure to be here. I have a question...recently purchased a 2008 620i and want to put new wheels and tires on her! The current setup was the factory setup 12 inch rims and I'd lilke to put on the John Deere 14 inch silver alloys with Maxxis 27-11-14 on the Rear and 27-9-14 on the fronts . My dealer is telling me that might not work??? Anyone tried this and if not any thoughts on this set-up.

Thank you so much for any advice you can give.

Scott

chiefmoose
02-13-2013, 06:01 PM
That sounds great. Check ebay. dingodog52 has those from time to time. Great price too.

dieselsmith
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
I think there may be a backspacing issue but not sure.

Dane
02-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Tires are not rocket science but JD has used various types of rims. Make sure you check:
number of bolts
bolt circle
bolt size
rim offset

JD, at least on my XUV, used a bit of an odd offset but there is plenty of room to go with something more standard. Once you get the rim worked out then you can look at tires. Before ordering I would spend some time under your Gator with the wheels hard over in both directions checking for how much clearance you have in addition to guestimating how much room you need when the suspension is compressed.

dieselsmith
02-14-2013, 08:58 AM
See if a dealer would let you borrow a front and rear to try. If you are buddies with the dealer that might fly.

Gator Joe
02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi Radargator, I don't know about any one else, but I have had to replace two of my Maxxis Bighorns that were brand new in April when I got my 825i. well I have 118 miles on my tires and both tires were cut on the sidewalls and were useless. Has any one else had these problems with sidewalls on Maxxis Bighorns ?

GATORDONE
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Radargatr, I put some after market tires on the 620i i once had and the tallest tire i could put on were 26" on the front because they would hit the rear tube bar for the frame. I had to install 2" spacers on the shock towers to get good clearance.:Ysnd: