PDA

View Full Version : XUV 550 Bed Mat

sidebite
11-24-2012, 12:08 PM
I have seem some topics similar to this posted before, so I am sorry if I am bringing up an old story.

But, I wanted to know if anyone has bought the John Deere bed mat/liner for the XUV 550?

I know a lot of people are making them out of animal mats, and other rubber mats, but, I would like to stay
with all John Deere parts as long as they good quality parts. I am not the handiest guy to cut one out, and
I want it to look good when installed. The John Deere part will cost me about $80, and
a rubber mat at the Tractor Supply would be about $35 to $40.

Does anyone have one? Does any one have an opinion?

jakerator
11-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I have the liner in my 825, it was included with one of the factory packages that the dealer ordered. It is a nice liner and seems to stay put. The thing to remember with them is to remove them to allow your bed and the underside of the liner to dry if they get wet. My old 6x4 gator has the spray-in liner and has stood up very well. It looks as good as new today and has put up with a lot.
Jake

Dane
11-24-2012, 04:48 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that the 550 has an all plastic bed. There is not the same need for a mat like there is in an 825 or 855 which have a steel bed floor.

jakerator
11-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks Dane, I did not know that, hence some of my comments are not relavent to a 550.
Jake

sidebite
11-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Jakerator, is the bed mat of good quality? Is it heavy duty, and substantial? Even though the 550 bed is smaller, is it a $80 piece of rubber??

I probably dont need to put the mat in the plastic bed of the 550, but I was thinking it would help rock, bricks and things from sliding around so much. It seems to help in the pickup truck. I was also thinking it would keep out some scratches and gouges???

Maybe it would just be a waste of money?

mountaingoat
11-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi sidebite. I have the J D bed mat in my 550 and use it when the tire mount is out. As you know , not cheap, but it is first quality, and does a good job keeping things in place. It is die cut leaving openings for the tie downs. mountaingoat.

jakerator
11-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Hi sidebite,
I don't know that I would pay $80.00 for it. It is just shy of 1/4" thick and it is pretty ridgid, however it is 0 degrees F., winter just wants to be here early and we keep getting those cold blasts from the arctic. I did go jump in the cargo box and did not slip on it before I replied to you.
Jake

MBDiagMan
11-26-2012, 08:59 AM
I made a bed mat quickly and easily from 1/4" horse stall mat from TSC. Turned out great. It cost about $20 for the material.