PDA

View Full Version : Gator on the Rockies

osiris
11-26-2012, 12:08 AM
1799 Just got back from WY, no pics of whole elk in the box, ended up packing them out about 5 miles. Got good use of the heater and recovery gear when we went through a creek and got high centered on ice put some good miles on it up the mountain and through the snow and griding over rocks. Anyone have issues with the tail gate poping open on rough terrain?? got to the top one am and the tailgate poped open 6 miles back ended up backtracking to get the guns, packs and everything else that fell out!!

ratrod
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
What part of WY? Looks like a fun trip.

CaptDan
11-26-2012, 02:09 PM
What part of WY? Looks like a fun trip.

I will second that ...great picture, looks like a lot of fun ! Might be a fun Gator trip, even without the hunting.

Dan nj/pa

plateauman57
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
1799 Just got back from WY, no pics of whole elk in the box, ended up packing them out about 5 miles. Got good use of the heater and recovery gear when we went through a creek and got high centered on ice put some good miles on it up the mountain and through the snow and griding over rocks. Anyone have issues with the tail gate poping open on rough terrain?? got to the top one am and the tailgate poped open 6 miles back ended up backtracking to get the guns, packs and everything else that fell out!!

Just here lately my tailgate did the same so I've been making sure I slam it shut and then pull on it to make sure it's secure.

osiris
11-26-2012, 03:48 PM
we were by meeteetse norhtern wy 1802 and the biggest wolf track we found that was on the trail we walked out the night before, we ened up using a ratchet strap to make sure that tailgate didnt open again on us the rest of the trip.

ratrod
11-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Would have been cool to see the wolf that made that track. I treat my tailgate like its a Dodge tailgate, close it hard and yank on it a few times to make sure its latched.