PDA

View Full Version : New 825 owner from Carson IA

Aaron G
12-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Just picked up a 2011 demo olive and black 825. I love it and my kids go crazy over this thing. We live on an acreage and we go look for deer at night. As for now I've put on the poly roof, windshield, front bumper and fender guards. Looking at getting a silencer for the muffler. Hoping for some snow this week so we can go out and play. Glad I found this site!!!

jakerator
12-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Welcome Aaron,
i just got my 825 in October, we love ours too. I will certainly share some snow with you. The gator gets around in it pretty good when it is warm enough to start it. Winter hit here early and man is it here.
Jake

CaptDan
12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Welcome aboard Aaron ! great site here, I have had my Gator 2 years and love it. Where in the world are you ?

Dan NJ/PA

GATORDONE
12-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Welcome aboard fellow iowan. :Thmup:

Aaron G
12-18-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm down in SW Iowa. Looking like 6-7 inches of snow coming our way tomorrow!!! I posted a new thread about some lighting options for my rig and would appreciate some feedback whenever you guys get a chance. Prob something on the roof and fog lights.

MBDiagMan
12-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome Aaron!

I'm in NE Texas. Had a small snow flurry last week, but mostly short sleeve weather so far. Supposed to cool off Thursday.

I've had my green and yellow 825i since late October and have mostly the same mods as you described. I have made floormats and a bed mat from rubber horse stall material and made a receiver hitch mount for a slow moving vehicle sign. I spend a little bit of time on the paved farm roads accessing the dirt roads, meadows, woods and pastures around here.

I can't believe that I've managed 63 years on Earth without a Gator.:Cnfsd:

Welcome and keep us posted.
Doc

Skillet23
12-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Just a little warning DOC,

I have no idea how the law enforcement personnel are in your area, but where I hunt (West of Junction, TX) we USED to travel the roads with our UTVs and never had any problems with the County or State law enforcement personnel. This year, our area was assigned a new Game Warden and thus the rules have changed. He strictly enforces the State laws concerning UTVs on public roadways. We have researched and discussed this mater with other Officers, and have been informed that under TX law, we can not have our UTVs on the roads for our purposes, that they understood our predicament and thus allowed us leeway, but that the Game Warden obviously didn't and wouldn't and that we would have to learn to adapt.

Like I said, I have no idea of the officials mindset in your area, just passing on a lil info.

David in TX

BTW, Welcome Aaron! Sorry for hijacking your thread.

MBDiagMan
12-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the information David. I'm sorry you're having trouble.

I don't have a link close at hand, but I did some research on this about a month ago. I guess I need to write down the exact Texas statute number in case it comes up with the local Gendarme. I read that it is legal for a farmer or rancher, within 25 miles of home and with a slow moving vehicle sign. I hope this is correct.

I also apologize to Aaron for the hijack, but this is an important issue for the Texans on this forum.

Now, let us hear more about your Gator Aaron!:BG: