PDA

View Full Version : New gator 825 problem?

BossHogg68
12-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Hey everyone,
searched and didnt find this so sorry if it's a repeat.
Just got 825 used it twice so far 5 mins then 10 mins
Noticed steam? Coming up from under the seat and behind it the first time then steam and I guess a burning plastic smell the second time.
Is this normal break in stuff for gator?
It's been cold about 30 degrees first time and snow the second.
Thanks in advance for the help

Deputy347k9
12-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Over the years I have purchased a number of new pieces of equipment from John Deere such as tractors, mowers, gators and hay equipment. I have had many times the smell of a burning plastic which is usually paint. I don't ever recall steam? Unless the machine had been washed before you picked it up and it starts steaming when warmed up. Have you lifted the bed and checked for any hose leaks? Any drippings beneath the machine? Do you notice any problems while running?

Please keep us updated and pray it's just break in causing this.

Larry in NC

GATORDONE
12-27-2012, 10:20 AM
The smell is more than likely coming from residue burning off the exhaust which is common on all 825i gators till it burns off, The steam could be coming from that also in that temp outside.

DIXIEDOG
12-27-2012, 10:35 AM
The smell is normal, the steam would concern me. Try to see where it's coming from, could be a lose clamp but you definitely want to keep an eye on it.

BossHogg68
12-27-2012, 12:10 PM
I can't see anything clamps look good - only thing I can think is maybe ice built up when it was on trailer to be delivered and just hasn't melted ? I'll keep you guys posted thanks for the replys

MADDOG
12-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I noticed that smell too...but only when I shut it off, but I dont smell it all the time, just once in a while...I can say this...I have been all over my new gator just to be sure everything was put together correctly at the factory...found two things that needed attention...the rubber gasket around the drive shaft to the front drive needed some rubber cut out, and were the battery is...a fuse holder was found in the bottom tray area...i needed to remove the battery to get to it

perry
12-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Hello all. I have a 2011 gator 825i. When i push the botton for the 4x4, nothing happens, i checked all the fuses, but they are all good. and after useing the bike for about 10 min, the little book comes on in the dash and it seems like the bike got no power. can anyone help.
Thank You and have a merry christmas and happy new year