PDA

View Full Version : Good ride with the 850i

tenere67
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
My cousin and I had a good ride,I got to test the JD850i out real good..Two things that JD needs to change on the 850i..JD should have put stainless steel brake lines on it and it needs to set up about an inch and a half higher. other than that,,,, It did good.I do wish it had awd system like Polaris has..One switch..I do like it tho. I had two RZR'S and they were good and tough..But heck everyone has a rzr seem like..I wanted something different this time.

tenere67
01-02-2013, 10:45 AM
The RSX rattles more than im used to. but over all ,,I like it. Everyone I ride with, Say's it sounds better than the other sxs's. I think it handles better than my RZR did,I can tell it is heavier than the RZR.

825joe
01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
I took my rsx out in the snow over the weekend. It is an absolute beast in the snow. I like having the option to lock the front diff or unlock.

2ride4fun
01-29-2013, 08:11 PM
I took my rsx out in the snow over the weekend. It is an absolute beast in the snow. I like having the option to lock the front diff or unlock.

oh! please put some video.

825joe
01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Took it ice fishing saturday and the lake was a blast. As for videos i'll work on some.

Deputy347k9
01-30-2013, 06:37 PM
I realy like the idea of putting on stainless steel brake lines. Every collector vehicle that I have restoref I havereplaced all lines with stainless. Much easier when you have a clean empty frame. But I agree they would be a positive addition to any and all the John Deere machines.

Maybe someone out there is wanting to start a small business? If they could get thier hands ont a complete set of factory lines for an 825i or whateve rmahcine, pre bend to factory and sell complete sets. This is done for collector cars why not Gators? :pondrn:

I think this would be one hell of a busines for some young man!!

Larry in NC

Dane
01-30-2013, 08:47 PM
You planning to keep your Gator long enough to need st st brake lines?

tenere67
02-03-2013, 09:06 AM
It don't matter on how long you keep your gator..Stainless steel break lines out perform rubber lines..Less pressure you have to apply to the break peddle and more stopping power..If you ever had a Polaris you would no what i'm talking about.
You planning to keep your Gator long enough to need st st brake lines?

plateauman57
02-03-2013, 10:37 AM
The RSX rattles more than im used to. but over all ,,I like it. Everyone I ride with, Say's it sounds better than the other sxs's. I think it handles better than my RZR did,I can tell it is heavier than the RZR.

i agree with you on the rattles. took mine on a great ride yesterday in the mud and snow. had a couple of atvs following me. we would come to the mud holes and stop and they would say, "i don't think so" but my gator plowed right through them so they eventually followed.

on my way back in i noticed a noise over toward the right side...a sqeaking or something. like a cricket chirping. guess i'll try to figure it out today. any ideas>?

krs.minshall@gmail.com
02-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Plateauman: Couple ideas on the "chirping". I had a couple similiar problems. The latching mechanism inside the door on the passenger side needed some lube. When I wedged a rag underneath the inner door handle the "chirping" stopped. Try driving, wait tille it "chirps", lean over and pull slightle out on the door handle to see if it stops. This about drove me nuts!! Took forever to isolate that one! The second problem I have had is a rattling caused by the seat belt where it mounts half-way up the ROPS on the driver and passenger side. If you do a little wiggling on the seat belt loop that attaches to the ROPS you will find that this can cause some vibration. I plan to put some rubber in the spacing to eliminate the vibration. Finally, the bed. I have adjusted it till I am blue in the face and can't get both sides to close tightly. Considering all tandem grain trucks I have ever seen have a wooden buffer between the frame and the bed, I finally placed a thin wooden lathe on the left side frame and solved the problem. I can now shake both sides of the bed without getting any free play. Hope one of these suggestions help!

plateauman57
02-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Plateauman: Couple ideas on the "chirping". I had a couple similiar problems. The latching mechanism inside the door on the passenger side needed some lube. When I wedged a rag underneath the inner door handle the "chirping" stopped. Try driving, wait tille it "chirps", lean over and pull slightle out on the door handle to see if it stops. This about drove me nuts!! Took forever to isolate that one! The second problem I have had is a rattling caused by the seat belt where it mounts half-way up the ROPS on the driver and passenger side. If you do a little wiggling on the seat belt loop that attaches to the ROPS you will find that this can cause some vibration. I plan to put some rubber in the spacing to eliminate the vibration. Finally, the bed. I have adjusted it till I am blue in the face and can't get both sides to close tightly. Considering all tandem grain trucks I have ever seen have a wooden buffer between the frame and the bed, I finally placed a thin wooden lathe on the left side frame and solved the problem. I can now shake both sides of the bed without getting any free play. Hope one of these suggestions help!

thanks so much for the tips. will look into these. been cleaning on it off and on all day getting all the mud and snow off of it and now i'm detailing it. i think i've got it looking better than it was when i got it.

can't wait to go get it muddy again. :lol: