PDA

View Full Version : HID fog / work lights

Aaron G
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I bought some after market HID work lights to put in front end guard on my 825....now how do I wire them??? Do I wire them to a new switch or same one as headlights??
On a side note, anyone switch out the main headlight with s different light???
Thoughts on the long range light kit...worth the money??? Sorry for all the questions but I want some more light!!!

ratrod
01-01-2013, 11:00 PM
I'd wire your work lights to a different switch. Your not always going to want the work lights on and that way you can control them separate from the head lights.

I swapped out my factory halogen lights with HID's. Was a night and day difference in light output but without actual projectors to control the light output the light just goes everywhere.

jcummins
01-02-2013, 08:50 AM
I'd wire your work lights to a different switch. Your not always going to want the work lights on and that way you can control them separate from the head lights.

I swapped out my factory halogen lights with HID's. Was a night and day difference in light output but without actual projectors to control the light output the light just goes everywhere.

You have a link to the HIDs you used?

Aaron G
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
I'd be interested in that link as well.

Also, can you buy the switches thru the local JD?? I am assuming this is a standard part for them??? I'm pretty new to the whole JD thing.

ratrod
01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Aaron you can get all the switches from the dealer. Awhile back I ordered a second headlight switch for some extra lights I have yet to add to the machine.

As for the HID kit I don't have a link, but its a Kolpin plug and play kit. Works with both Arctic Cats and John Deeres. I'd suggest calling them and asking about it. http://www.kolpinpowersports.com/

Aaron G
01-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Thank you for the information. I just got off the phone with them and the part # is #97960 and you are correct it is the same as the Arctic Cat Prowler 2006 - Current. I talked to Jim and their price is $195 and he gave it to me for $169, so it was worth the phone call. Thanks again for the information.

jradue
01-04-2013, 12:03 PM
I just ordered the 97960 kit on Amazon for $117 (Prime member). The sales person at Kolpin quoted me $195 plus shipping from them, but she even said I should look online for a better deal.

Destiny creek
01-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Is there a good place to mount the transformer so it won't get damaged while trail riding and getting banged around?

Aaron G
01-04-2013, 02:52 PM
I guess I should have kept looking!!! Oh well just happy to have the correct part that will actually work!!!

Anyone have any luck with installing the lower bumper light kit from JD?? Good or bad??

ratrod
01-04-2013, 11:38 PM
I zip tied them up around the base of the hood hinges. It was supposed to be a temporary thing until I could find a better place, but they are out of the way and haven't been an issue yet.

Is there a good place to mount the transformer so it won't get damaged while trail riding and getting banged around?

jradue
01-11-2013, 06:24 PM

I just installed the Kolpin HID kit today. Have a look! :smkr:

Greenneck
01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
:cool: They look very bright.

jradue
01-11-2013, 07:02 PM
They are, I bet about 4x brighter than the stock headlights.