PDA

View Full Version : Clutch enclosure leaking?

dieselsmith
01-12-2013, 11:41 PM
We had a nice warm day today so I was out gatoring on my land and decided to go check out the creek out back to see how high it was with the melting snow and rain. My son pulls his sport quad down in the creek and its not deep at all. So I pull down in, water is just under the floorboards-not deep and far away from the breather inlet. So I go to pull up the other side and no-go. Wont move, belt is wet sitting in the creek-i'm screwed. So i'm giving it qute a bit of gas and its barely moving. I can hear the water sloshing around in the clutch enclosure. Keep in mind the water is under the floorboards-no higher. Is there a seal in there that went bad already or what?:hdscrh::mad:

swampdonkey11
01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
ive had ths same thing happen and didnt get around to fixing it. i left my clutch enclosure on and filled with water to see where the leak is and it leaks real bad where the clutch enclosure mates with the engine. did notic some foam gaskets in behind that werent in place properly but like i said i havent taken the enclosure off to get a real good look at it. i hope someone else on here has dealt with this problem and can shed some tips on how they went about patching this problem. hope you and i both get this figured out

dieselsmith
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't think we should have to do a thing, It think the dealer should fix it under warranty. I'm so disgusted I don't even want to look to see where it leaks.

jergeod
01-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I would have to beleive that is not a sealed system, just picked up a 625i and it looks like just a cover to keep things like your hands out of the belt area, OSHA.

purplewg
02-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I would have to beleive that is not a sealed system, just picked up a 625i and it looks like just a cover to keep things like your hands out of the belt area, OSHA.

The 825 is a sealed system. There is a front intake and a rear vent. Gators won't go through water? Take a look.
http://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/forum/showthread.php?13409-Gator-ride-in-Florida