PDA

View Full Version : Finally pulled the trigger

Dead Pair
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
After wanting a Gator for years I finally picked up a new 825i with a BOSS V-plow. I can't post pics from this computer but I'll try to get some up soon. I really like this forum and look forward to seeing you guys around!

nakdboardr
01-18-2013, 05:41 AM
Congrats :BG:

I am hoping to pull the trigger in the Spring :TT:

Deputy347k9
01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the Forum. It's an amazing place where all the boys can think of different ways to spend money! I have had my 825i for about 18 months, love it and can't imagine being without it! I am still spending money for new modifications but enjoy it.

Now with that said and hind sight being 20/20 I would have done things much differently if starting fresh! I purchased the no scratch windshield, poly top, rear screen protector, mirrors and so on from John Deere with in weeks of receiving the new machine. I was just plain excited and had to have it all, dress the girl up for the prom.

Eighteen months later I am asking my self what in God's name did you do Larry? If I could go back in time I would have purchased a full Prosum cab system. Instand access to under hood, rear slider window, flip-open windshield, doors hinged at front, glass windsheild, glass side and rear window, wipers, lift off doors and some great gasketing on rear panel, doors, glass and other interfaces that help keep the snow and rain outside.

Heck if I keep talking I might have to suck it up, take my loss and move on. Darn it! :Bnghd: Please don't make the same mistakes I did. Listen to the other memebers who have some great ideas.

Larry in NC

jradue
01-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Deputy347k9 - Same for me. My dealer said give it a year and he would give me a great trade up deal if I wanted. The trick will be convincing my wife the addition cost is worth it, but I may try. :BG:

Dane
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Congratulations on the new Gator. Like most of us I'm sure you'll really enjoy it and get more work out of it than you thought you would.

jakerator
01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Congrats on the 825 and welcome to the forum. I got mine in October, I love it for the brief times I have been able to use it. Like others, I am spending a few extra $$s on the extras.
Jake

Destiny creek
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Welcome I have a 2012 855D and love it I am sure your gator will be all that you hoped it would be and then some

Dead Pair
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
I was looking in to cabs befre the machine even showed up. :BG: I too am looking to go with the Prosum, I like the fact that it can be bough in pieces unlike the Curtis and has glass unlike the Poly system from JD. How long have you been on K9?

Welcome to the Forum. It's an amazing place where all the boys can think of different ways to spend money! I have had my 825i for about 18 months, love it and can't imagine being without it! I am still spending money for new modifications but enjoy it.

Now with that said and hind sight being 20/20 I would have done things much differently if starting fresh! I purchased the no scratch windshield, poly top, rear screen protector, mirrors and so on from John Deere with in weeks of receiving the new machine. I was just plain excited and had to have it all, dress the girl up for the prom.

Eighteen months later I am asking my self what in God's name did you do Larry? If I could go back in time I would have purchased a full Prosum cab system. Instand access to under hood, rear slider window, flip-open windshield, doors hinged at front, glass windsheild, glass side and rear window, wipers, lift off doors and some great gasketing on rear panel, doors, glass and other interfaces that help keep the snow and rain outside.

Heck if I keep talking I might have to suck it up, take my loss and move on. Darn it! :Bnghd: Please don't make the same mistakes I did. Listen to the other memebers who have some great ideas.

Larry in NC

jradue
01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
There is a glass windshield for the JD poly cab. It comes with wiper, but it is nearly $900.

I like the fact that it can be bough in pieces unlike the Curtis and has glass unlike the Poly system from JD.