PDA

View Full Version : 1st oil change

93SVT
02-07-2013, 08:49 PM
Change my oil for the first time used joe gibbs high performance high zinc 10w30. Figured it would help the break in period a little more this first time. Figured the second oil change i would use the 10w30 synthetic high zinc formula. Just curious what everyone uses I know oil types and brands may change for different climates and or just plain personal preference. Just thought I would make a feeler for comments.

DIXIEDOG
02-08-2013, 07:12 AM
I use Amsoil 0-30W Signature series just like I did in my Kubota....I use it year round with the factory filter. Some will say they are overpriced snake oil but in my experience Amsoil's fully synthetic oil seems to work great and my Gator doesn't hold enough oil that I care about the extra expense.

93SVT
02-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Never been to maine but sure that works great espcially right now with the cold weather.

Dane
02-08-2013, 07:47 AM
When I raced I used Amsoil. Granted it got changed after 30 minutes of run time but I and many others thought it was one of the best oils. Especially important since the engines were pushed to the breaking point but I never had any trouble that was oil related.