PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a heater???

duling
02-09-2013, 03:12 PM
23 outside and 55 in with only my dollar store trucker fan

Deputy347k9
02-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Not a bad idea! You don't know how many times I have kicked my self in the tail wishing I had spent my money on an enclosed cab. I purchased all the other goodies like poly roof, windshield, mirrors and so on from John Deere. Purchased all my stuff within a few weeks or getting the machine home. Like a little boy I needed everything, just made the wrong choices. To do it again, it would be the full cab, wipers and heater! Even in NC the temps will drop, but it's the winds along the ocean that is the killer. Enclosed cab would be the cat's meow.

Larry in NC

Dane
02-10-2013, 09:52 AM
So, is the only heat that coming through the floor?

I upgraded the wiring to my cigarette lighter and mounted a cheap 12v heater fan aiming up at the windshield. My cab is not totally enclosed but it does a great job preventing the windshield from fogging.

Destiny creek
02-10-2013, 11:15 AM
In northern Alberta when moose hunting in November it can be really nice or it can be -35 C. Doors,factory cab,heater the three necessities of life/ survival and oh yes a block heater in order to get the gator started

Dane
02-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Do you bring moose out with your Gator? If so, how do you do it? I have a hand winch rigged to the back of my Gator to hoist hogs up to the bed but they are a lot smaller than a moose.

Destiny creek
02-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Do you bring moose out with your Gator? If so, how do you do it? I have a hand winch rigged to the back of my Gator to hoist hogs up to the bed but they are a lot smaller than a moose.
After we harvest the moose we skin it then remove the offals(inners)and then quarter the moose.we remove it in the gator in 4 pieces rapped in the hide with the head (antlers)on top all weighing around 5 to 8 hundred pounds .that whole process takes about 2 1/2 hours with the help of a couple of good skinning knives a meat saw and gator

rickwalley
03-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Destiny creek..........
any pics with all that moose stuff draped all over the gator?
Probably looks pretty cool.

apple
03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
duling where did you place the fan to draw heat from?

duling
03-25-2013, 08:24 AM
The fan is clamped to the bar on the front of the glovebox. The bungee cord is there to keep it in place when I get frisky on my trailrides. It pulls the heat from the floor area and blows it straight on the windshield. I have no more issues with steaming up and it stays in the mid to high 50's in there after about 20min of running. The only times I have noticed a bit of fog on the outter corners of the windshield is when I am flying through mudholes and the steam off the engine comes in the cab. It goes away in about a minute or so. I would tell anyone who doesn't experience extreme sub zero temps to save their money on the heater and get the glass windshield with the wiper.... Heavy snow builds up quickly on the windshield if you are crawling through rough terrain.

apple
03-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info