PDA

View Full Version : My first ever new tractor

purplewg
02-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Never owned a new tractor. Owned a lot of someone else s new tractors though. I finally decided to get rid of three of my older units and invest in a NEW utility tractor for general purpose use. So here it is.....

jakerator
02-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Very Nice and congrats on the new green machine.
Jake

GATORDONE
02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
sweet! :Thmup:

Greenneck
02-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Awesome, looks like a real work horse. There are alot of things I can do without, but a good tractor is a must. Congrats :Chers:

purplewg
02-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Thanks guys. I have bought used and had some pretty good tractors but there comes a time in a man's life where too many repairs slows progress down.

Deputy347k9
02-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Purplewg, when I started farming many years ago I was exactly like you, I had five different tractors, three different makes. Most I had to rebuild to get them in tip top shape. A lot of money and time. Finally after years of wishing I took the leap and started replacing them with all new John Deere tractors. Come to think of it, even my hay equipment was all used and again different makes. With the new equipment farming became a tad easier with very few breakdowns.

Congratulations, we only live once so go for it! Very clean and nice looking machine.

Larry in NC

Destiny creek
02-12-2013, 12:01 PM
That's a nice tractor you will never lose a penny on it. What's the HP of that tractor ?

purplewg
02-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Purplewg, when I started farming many years ago I was exactly like you, I had five different tractors, three different makes. Most I had to rebuild to get them in tip top shape. A lot of money and time. Finally after years of wishing I took the leap and started replacing them with all new John Deere tractors. Come to think of it, even my hay equipment was all used and again different makes. With the new equipment farming became a tad easier with very few breakdowns.

Congratulations, we only live once so go for it! Very clean and nice looking machine.

Larry in NC

Just sold 1987 Massey 285. Pour the oil in one end and it would run out the rear main seal. Only thing I had at the time big enough to run a 9 foot hay mower handing out the side.

1973 Ford 3500 with loader. Paid $2500 some 18 years ago. Sold it a couple months ago for $3100. All the hydraulic cylinders needed rebuilding but it never failed to start and move hay around.

1984 Massey 245 still for-sale. Good for a mosquito fogger. Was my fathers favorite and after I fixed the fuel issue it would start and run every time. Put it up for-sale about 8 months after my father passed and it would not start and the clutch is stuck to the flywheel. Think he don't like me trying to sell it?

That leaves -
Massey 271
Massey 451
New Deere 5065E.